Nokia Or Sony Erricson

Status
Not open for further replies.

pakkasir

Broken In
After having a wonderful experience with my Nokia 6610, i wish to upgrade.(I know, this is a PC forum, but Mobiles are very much part of our digital lives). Most of the shopkeeprs(atleast in my locality) don't recommend Sony Erricson. So....
1. Does anyone in here have faced any problem with Sony phones?
2. My budget is under 15k
3. Requiremnets- Bluetooth,FM,65k colour and long battery life,not interested in games,camera optional(i already have a 4MP canon camera)
Whew.....
Please, mention the model no. along with the price range.

OP
P

pakkasir

Broken In
Oh yes! I forgot to mention Mp3 player.
Right now, i can find Nokia 6230 and Ngage(i did mention no games but it still has all other features) in my budget.

nishantv2003

We Both Have a Mouse!!!
In your price range the fon's r

1. sony erricson - K700i

2.nokia - 6600(no FM), 6230

3.motorola - e398 (but no FM)

all these fon's r fantastic,
they all have their own (+) and (-) points for eg.

e398 does not have FM but has stereo sound, bass,
expandable memory etc. and it is the cheepest among all of them.

k700i is almost a perfect fon just misses expandable memory.

6600 is a verry good and very bulky fon :)
it has got every thing except FM.

6230 seems to be the fon for u, but small screen :(

P.S. peoples r having problems with sony erricson k500i (software problem) but i did not heard any complant about k700i.

so the final desession is up to u.

for more info visit www.gsmarena.com

hope this helps :)

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Problems with SE phones: (all IMO)
1. Most of them cant be expanded (memory)
2. Bad keypads
3. Signal problems (with T230,T100, and some say even T610)
I personally dont' like SE phones.

So Get E398, it good all the features u wanted:
BT, FM radio (via stereo headsets only; additional purchase required), 65k color, MP3 player (2 speakers and with BASS). But it has a lower battery life when compared to nokia phones.

Another options:
Nokia 6600
Fm (via GPRS) and mp3 via third party softwares.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
Samsung d410 is the answer. The best screen in the industry along with the best camera... matches d500

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
hey grudge what abt k750i ???
iam planning to buy a cell around may end/june .. ur comments on a nice model... hmmm say below 20k.... if u can let me save 2k((that is within 18k)),i'll buy a TV Tuner card too ..!!! :)

pradeep_chauhan

Cyborg Agent
grinning_devil said:
iam planning to buy a cell around may end/june .. ur comments on a nice model... hmmm say below 20k.... if u can let me save 2k((that is within 18k)),i'll buy a TV Tuner card too ..!!! :)

I too am with you man we will get the K750i on the day its out in the market.

drgrudge

grinning_devil said:
If u wait, then u may get a better model day by day. K750i is not released in US/japan itself now afaik.
Nokia is gonna lauch 8800 which looks promising. Nokia is gonna get A phone which plays flash files also. So it's no use waitng for any phone. If u wanna get a phone now, then do that , dont wait for any model :D

K750i is a good model (by the spec. and wrt). Also remember it's not a symbian model, so u cant install apps in it.

@anand, our friend needs a phone within 15k, which rules out D500 and D410 is a bit older model.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
drgrudge said:
K750i is a good model (by the spec. and wrt). Also remember it's not a symbian model, so u cant install apps in it.

ny fone with sybian with all the features of k750??? that is FM,MP3,Bluetooth nd all...

also what is the price of 750 ?? ny idea. ??

nishantv2003

We Both Have a Mouse!!!
hey pakkasir ware r u man ???
look so many peoples r giving u suggestions and u r not even answering!!
well if u will not tell us more then how r we going to help u more :)

drgrudge

grinning_devil said:
drgrudge said:

ny fone with sybian with all the features of k750??? that is FM,MP3,Bluetooth nd all...

also what is the price of 750 ?? ny idea. ??
Hmm..., go for Nokia or higher model of SE like p910i....
No SE phone has EDGe or symbian (lower end/medium end) in India.

K750i will cost around 18k and more...

drgrudge

It all depends.
IF u want a :
- pda phone /application of a pda
- symbian
- business applications
then go for p910i

If u want a :
- mp3 player
- Fm reciever
- multimedia type of applications
go for K750i

Also P910i has got only a 640x480 (VGA) camera but K750i got a 2mp cam.

drgrudge

Hmm...., for me , i would like to have a symbian phone; and whatever the phone u may get (with stereo speakers/ bass) it wont match the sound quality as ur walkman or ur mp3 player or ipods.

So it's not wise to go for a phone (which also) plays MP3/FM. I have seen and used a E398 (also written review) it got a BASS and two spekers and i can tell it has the best speakers and mp3 well but that wont match ur thing which is built to play only music (like mp3 player, ipods, walkmans).

I agree that W800 is a "walkman-phone" but even u buy it i suggest u to have a ipod and this and compare the sound quality and then decide.

What i'll buy in such case:
1. Nokia 6600 (it's a symbian; 12k or less)
2. A mp3 player --> a. Sony got one "portable walkman" which comes in various capacity from 128mb to 1gb. Remember k700i has 41mb!
b. Ipod ---> Apple ipod is now avalable for as low as 10k now.
c. Other mp3 player like the one samsung has got. IT costs around 6k onwards.
d. Buy a walkman/Cd changer for 300 bucks onwards :mrgreen:

So nokia 6600+ a mp3 player = rs. 20k (approx)
Sony k750i --> Not yet realeased and it will cost atleast 18k.

These are all in my opinion, but some many like multimedia applications on their phones. Have u see this thread? Me and nemi on 6230i or 7610:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16977

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
hmmm.....after reading ur post grudge..i think i'll wait for 750i to launch..nd will grab it for sure..
iam not too much intrested in PDA kind of functionality.... an overall gud multimedia capable fone is what i need...!!

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
I would prefer multimedia over Symbian anyday. I dont care if iPods sound better than the MP3 players in cell phones....the issue here is convenience. Everything in one device means you have to carry less stuff around. Now, with phones like the Nokia N91 and the SE W800i, you get a camera, a cell, and an MP3 player in a single device. That definitely beats lugging three different devices around :p

Of course Symbian would be great!!! That is why I am drooling over the Nokia N91. IT is the perfect phone!!!

OP
P

pakkasir

Broken In
a big sorry to keep u all waiting. i was doing the real market survey(as i am the one who's gonna spend the moolah :lol: ). till now, all i've found is that samsung mobs although quite cheap,very very colorful etc. but have bad keypads(tacky).even,the battery drains in a day and not at all fit to write a long sms :lol:
I'll have to look at the models suggested by u all now(& a big jaadu ki jhappi for you guys if i find my dream mob).i am considering the K750i.And, hey what about the models which i wrote about in my original post. Please, tell me about their shortcomings.
Drgrudge, i already have the Creative Nomad 10 GB mp3 player, so no need for "Buy a walkman/Cd changer for 300 bucks onwards" etc.. :p
Looking forward to ur replies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom