Nokia N95 8GB Software version available

Status
Not open for further replies.

gdatuk

Ambassador of Buzz
Nokia N95 8GB Software version 11.0.026 released - 22 November 2007

This software version includes performance and stability improvements to the browser and Nokia maps.

arnold991

Broken In
gdatuk said:
Nokia N95 8GB Software version 11.0.026 released - 22 November 2007

This software version includes performance and stability improvements to the browser and Nokia maps.

gdatuk bro can you please tell me how to check the software version loaded in my mobile ?

And how to upgrade to a new version ?

Thx
'Arnold' :)

Rockstar11

Technomancer
^^ Find your current software version by entering *#0000# on your Nokia device's keypad.

*europe.nokia.com/link?cid=EDITORIAL_528996

Use the Nokia Software Updater application to help you update your Nokia device software.

*europe.nokia.com/A4579163

arnold991

Broken In
Rockstar11 said:
^^ Find your current software version by entering *#0000# on your Nokia device's keypad.

*europe.nokia.com/link?cid=EDITORIAL_528996

Use the Nokia Software Updater application to help you update your Nokia device software.

*europe.nokia.com/A4579163

You have given the link to europe version, won't it lead to any problem ? :confused:

And could u please tell me does it changes the IMEI ?

arnold991

Broken In
pathiks said:
Nope any official update wont change the IMEI.

pathik bro I am downloading 23mb file of software downloader.

I have one question, do you know how much data(mb) it downloads ?

I am asking this because I have gprs connection of 3kbps speed and since it downloads by connecting the internet and also updates it directly so I am worried if gprs stops responding during downloading won't it affect my phone ?

And is there not any way by which you can download the software using getrigt on pc then install the new update using usb cable rather than the nokia's software do that ? i.e. updating the software on live connection, which is quite serious for me since my gprs connection ain't that stable. :rolleyes:

OP
gdatuk

gdatuk

Ambassador of Buzz
@arnold991, why are you downloading the software in your mobile.

Download the updater software to ur computer, install it
then connect ur mobile to your computer using data cable
and the updater will automatically install the latest version of firmware in ur mobile.

there is nothing european abt it. just the software is available from the european gateway.
it will make no difference to ur mobile
and anything can't change ur IMEI number

Pathik

Google Bot
@arnold your gprs connection wont do..
U need a stable BB connection..
The download maybe around 60-80 mb depending on the fone..
the fone ll get auto switched off many times during the updation..

assasin

Banned
this is old news.i had the update 2 weeks ago.the dl size is 105mb approx.and the fone will restart only once during update.also update has increased volume of onboard speakss

arnold991

Broken In
gdatuk said:
@arnold991, why are you downloading the software in your mobile.

Download the updater software to ur computer, install it
then connect ur mobile to your computer using data cable
and the updater will automatically install the latest version of firmware in ur mobile.

there is nothing european abt it. just the software is available from the european gateway.
it will make no difference to ur mobile
and anything can't change ur IMEI number

gdatuk I think u consider me total n00b. lol :roll: , I ain't downloading it to my mobile. :oops:

assasin said:
this is old news.i had the update 2 weeks ago.the dl size is 105mb approx.and the fone will restart only once during update.also update has increased volume of onboard speakss

pathiks said:
@arnold your gprs connection wont do..
U need a stable BB connection..
The download maybe around 60-80 mb depending on the fone..
the fone ll get auto switched off many times during the updation..

That is what I wanted to know, thx bro.

Since the phone get autoswitched off then that means you have to be connected all the time. :confused:

That means there is no other way to update it via any downloader like getright, where you pause and resume and update the phone later by using the file downloaded fully on pc. Can it be done ?

And one more thing I don't have a broadband connection, only gprs connection on mobile from which I connect the internet on pc and that is the only source for me to download the update. :(

Thx for ur time guys. :p

Last edited:

assasin

Banned
arnold991 said:
That means there is no other way to update it via any downloader like getright, where you pause and resume and update the phone later by using the file downloaded fully on pc. Can it be done ?

And one more thing I don't have a broadband connection, only gprs connection on mobile from which I connect the internet on pc and that is the only source for me to download the update. :(

Thx for ur time guys. :p
no.u cant use any dl manager to dl the firmware.it'll be downloaded via NSU.

even i update my fone's firmware by downloading the update thru gprs.
Follow these steps:
1>dl NSU and install
2> connect ur fone (which u wanna update) thru usb and connect gprs.
3>open nsu and let it detect ur fone.if update is found dl it.
4>keep an eye as to when dl is bout to complete.after completion of dl DISC ONNECT gprs.
5>let the update procedure continue.fone will restart during end of update process.after this reboot ur fone will be updated.
hope this helps.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom