Nokia N82 : Wifi : Fring - Great Experience

Status
Not open for further replies.

vilas_patil

Journeyman
Recently I installed Fring Software on my Nokia N82 mobile, and using Wifi connection (at Office) almost for 8 to 10 hours. It’s been such a wonderful experience to have voice chat (skype) with friends and relatives from US & UK. Usually I used to spend hundreds of Rs monthly and that too for limited communication.
Now I am talking not only with them but also local friends absolutely free of cost with no time restriction. It is as convenient as dialing and receiving calls from mobile.

I would suggest you to use this feature & facility, this will help you to be in touch with your near and dear and that to for minimum charges (for GPRS/internet). I know, the initial investment is high as you need to have a good handset for accessing these facilities, but in long-term its worth it. Good news for Window mobile users... Skype is supporting Windows mobiles....

Last edited:

Pat

Beyond Smart
No doubt its a nice technology and saves you a lot of bucks, but you still need a good wifi connection for it to work. I doubt it will work with GRPS/Edge connections that give such pathetic speeds in India. Anyone tried it on Edge ?

OP
vilas_patil

vilas_patil

Journeyman
Linksys Router for wifi is one of the best. Working people generally gets free wifi connection in their offices. For college Students ... Shopping malls and Coffee Centers are good, where they can access wifi....
As you said rightly, GPRS/Edge is still not that good for accessing internet...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom