Nokia N70 Problem after Updatin FIRMWARE

Status
Not open for further replies.

pra_2006

A S S E M B L E
hi friends today i have sucessfully updated my Nokia N70 to V. 5.0638.3.0.1 from this site *europe.nokia.com/A4176089 but now i got really serious problem i cant connect it to my pc through usb cable can any tell me what is the problem pls reply me fast

Raaza

Journeyman
hi here's a part of the FAQ's that Nokia provides

19. How do I update my Nokia Nseries phone software?

Nokia Nseries phone software can be updated via PC. Follow these steps:

1. Check if you have the latest version of Nokia PC Suite (6.81 or later).
2. Backup your phone memory to your PC using PC Suite (to preserve your OMADRM activation keys, etc.)
3. Copy your files (music, videos, documents, images etc) from the Nokia hard drive or memory card (if available) to your PC (use of USB mass storage recommended).
4. Copy the original SISX, Java, etc. installation files for your applications, themes, etc. from your Nokia hard drive or memory card to your PC. (Do not simply copy over the installed directories/files.)
5. For Nokia N91: Format your hard drive by selecting Tools > Hard drive > Options > Format hard drive > Quick format (instructions also in user guide).

For other Nokia Nseries phones: Format memory card drive by selecting Tools > Memory > Options > Format mem.card > Format memory Card? Data will... > Yes (instructions also in user guide).
6. Proceed with phone software update.
7. After the phone has completely started up again, reset your phone memory by selecting Menu > Tools > Settings > Phone > General > Orig. Phone Settings and enter 12345.
8. Restore your phone memory from your PC using PC Suite by selecting Backup from the PC Suite menu and then selecting Restore.
9. Copy back your hard drive or memory card contents from your memory card or PC to your clean hard drive or memory card.
10. Re-install your applications/themes.

pls read this for more details

*europe.nokia.com/A4176094#how_to_update_n91

Raaza

Journeyman
pra_2006 said:
okay thanks for replying me i have updated my pc suite and it got fine

hi pra_2006,

it's very happy to hear that your n70 works fine after the software updation.

My question is: what are the changes or benefits or extra features you got after the updation.

and if check warranty status by pressing keys *#92702689# is there any changes from previous one?

pls reply this question coz i'm also planning to update my n70.

Thanking you

OP
pra_2006

pra_2006

A S S E M B L E
Firmware changes from 5.0616.2.0.3 to 5.0638.3.0.1 (SB-073/13.10.06)

New features
* Support for the AD-41 has been added in 5.0638.3.0.1. AD-41 provides remote control for Music Player and Radio functions. Note: the functionality of AD-41 with N70 is not identical to that of other products as the Music Player is different. (e.g. N73).
* In the Music Player main menu, the stop, next/ffwd, back/rwd keys have no response when a track is playing.
* In the Music Player sub menus, the play, stop, next/ffwd, back/rwd and volume keys have no response while a track is playing.
* In the Active Standby UI (i.e. when music is playing in the background), the volume control graphic is not updated when track volume changes are made using the AD-41 volume keys.
* AD-41 also has an integrated mic and provides call handling controls; accept incoming call, end call, voice dialling using SIND feature and in call volume control.
* New themes have been introduced with a new default theme for the Music Edition.
* In the Music Edition, the Music Access Key replaces the Multimedia Key (sometime called the operator key). This is not user configurable and locked to always give instant access to the Music Player application with a short press. A long press gives instant access to the Visual Radio application.

Improvements
* Week 19 of the Access Point Configurator (APC) is included in this build
* Bluetooth connectivity: N616 carkit IOP improvements.
- radio & musicplayer use theme background
- gallery is faster
- Yahoo search included
- operator Oscar CZ now named Vodafone CZ
- restart via 3rd party apps no longer possible
- Flashlight app isn't working anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom