Nokia N70 and FM Radio Reception !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SGS_001

Broken In
Well -- just bought the N70 after lot of deliberations & checking the Digit reviews & inputs from these forums...

Though it's been a ok session so far, haven't been able to figure out one thing...

When I manually setup a FM Radio Stn. and click on the same, it just says some enhancements are required for the FM Radio -- Even the manual conveniently states that "the FM radio depends on an antenna other than the wireless phone antenna. A compatible headset or enhancement needs to be attached to the phone for the FM radio to function properly".

Why do they then state it has FM Radio function? I'm not looking for a Visual Radio Service (when will it come to India???)...

What is this "compatible headset or enhancement"?

The Nokia site (*europe.nokia.com/nokia/0,,83227,00.html) mention only 2 Audio Adapters -- Nokia Audio Adapter AD-46 & Nokia Audio Adapter AD-15 -- both these only facilitate connecting to a standard stereo headphone, right? It doesn't provide an external antenna for FM Radio reception, right?

What is the solution to use N70 for listening to FM Radios?
If some accessory is to be bought, what is that, what is it's cost, where is it available?

Appreciate your inputs on this.

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Err you got a headset with the phone I assume? That is the antennae for your radio, just plug it in and start the radio and it will be fine, you can then switch to loudspeaker mode too but the headset (hand's free) should remain connected since its the reciever.

joshi_ban

Broken In
hay SGS_001, think u should read your Manual before u use your device. Try to do that.
any ways, are u using GPRS in ur cell??? please give me the feedback on N70

montsa007

~Bulletproof Monk~
1. put the handsfree
2. turn on radio
3. turn on loudspeaker
4. move towards the balcony
5. hold the answer key on the handsfree and take it upwards the more up the more clarity
6. then move ur hand right or left

voila a crystal clear reception

be sure to set the proper frequency else it wont work

OP
S

SGS_001

Broken In
joshi_ban said:
hay SGS_001, think u should read your Manual before u use your device. Try to do that.
any ways, are u using GPRS in ur cell??? please give me the feedback on N70

Joshi_ban -- I think you didn't read my first posting clearly.. The manual doesn't state that the Headset can act as an external antenna but only states that an extension would be required -- Nokia does definitely need to be more clear & complete in its manual !!

Anyway, thanks to the other response I got immediately, I was able to start using the FM Radio without any further issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom