Nokia blatantly copies the iPhone... suckers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Nokia's iPhone -- no, seriously

*www.blogsmithmedia.com/www.engadget.com/media/2007/08/nokia-iphone.jpg

Oh come on, what the hell is that? A Nokia branded iPhone? It was presented during Nokia's GoPlay event this morning as a glimpse into the future of Nokia interface design. Oh, and it's due out next year. When pressed during the Q&A about the striking similarity to the little Cupertino device, Anssi Vanjoki -- Nokia's Executive VP & General Manager of Multimedia -- said, "If there is something good in the world then we copy with pride." Well, ok then. See what we mean after the break.

[Via Engadget]

LOL! :lol:

Everyone seems to be wanting to copy the phone that sucks! :lol:

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
Remeber what everyone said before Iphone's release. They said it's gonna shake up the cellphone industry. And it's true. Now, everyone is trying to put touchscreen and multi-touch interface into their products. Samsung recently announced a multitouch mp3 player.

IMHO, Nokia is actually trying to release their own variant of multitouch phone. :)

Kudos to Apple. They changed the PC industry, They changed the music industry. Now, they are on course to change the cellphone industry.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
ambandla said:
They said it's gonna shake up the cellphone industry. And it's true.
Actually, thats what Apple wants u to believe. Did u forget that touch screen smartphone with much more capability were already available from Nokia, SE, or HTC long before iPhone was even rumored.

everyone is trying to put touchscreen and multi-touch interface into their products.

This was already there, Apple is just trying to catch up the rest of the industry

hey are on course to change the cellphone industry.
That would be SE which single handily changed the Mobile Phone music market & re-invented this segment with Walkman Phones.

Arya, Nokia already had Touch Screen Internet Tablet & Widescreen phones available (7610 I think) from a long time....i guess its the other way arround.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
oh & I guess some people just don't read cos Nokia was trying to show the Symbian S60 touch screen interface. Now looks like anything touch screen is copied from Apple. right?

This just in...the video is not even real....just a Mock up, there is no prototype hardware or software right now....Arya, where the hell u go this news :D

Last edited:

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
ax3 dude, this is fake....just a concept from Nokia for there already existing Symbian touch screen UI.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
i must commend apple for one thing: setting the trend. apple intro'd imac, what did it lead to? change in design of PCs... they tried to better their design, added more features, priced it lesser than apple and advertised it as hafing more features at a lesser price. end of the day who benefited? ppl buying it. they got a product wid trendy design, more features at a lesser price.

apple intro'd ipod. before that pmp were not very much popular nor cheap. result, creative came up wid zen, iriver wid either own. improved their design, supported more features, sold for a lot less. again, end of the day who benefited? the customer! :)

apple intro'd the new imac. sony will be forced to sell the new vaio at a comptt. price. i agree imac looks better but now the customer has more choice! so in the end its the customers who are benefited from it.

the same wid iphone. even tho it has so many limitations but everyone wants a device which can do everything iphone does and better. lg prada, tho technically superior never made a mark in the industry. its the way apple markets their products and sets trends.

kudos to apple! :) i'm not an apple user but i've bought many gadgets which were bettered upon and sold at lesser prices due to apple's products! and i'm happy!!! :)

now i'm not sure abt the credibility of the news posted in this thread, but my post is wid general reference to apple products.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
its the way apple markets their products and sets trends.

Thats the only reason Apple is surviving, Marketing...that to aggressive & viral. Each Mac user is a salesman & thinks of himself as an Apple marketing salesman, so tries to justify Mac which well.....isn't any better then a Dell now. Even the hardware is same & made by Quant/Asus :D

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
gx_saurav said:
Actually, thats what Apple wants u to believe. Did u forget that touch screen smartphone with much more capability were already available from Nokia, SE, or HTC long before iPhone was even rumored.

This was already there, Apple is just trying to catch up the rest of the industry

That would be SE which single handily changed the Mobile Phone music market & re-invented this segment with Walkman Phones.

Arya, Nokia already had Touch Screen Internet Tablet & Widescreen phones available (7610 I think) from a long time....i guess its the other way arround.

huh.

There were mp3 players before ipod came into the market. but it's the ipod+itunes that changed the landscape of music industry

there were touch screen phones before iphone but how many really succeeded? What did they provide except that you have to use a stylus on a touch screen instead of using a d-pad or a numpad or a joystick? it's the iphones revolutionary interface, perfect mix of music player, internet communicator, phone.

And look at the flurry of the touch screen phones that are coming out these days. I am talking about the multimedia rich phones with touch controls and not business class phones.

gx_saurav said:
Thats the only reason Apple is surviving, Marketing...that to aggressive & viral. Each Mac user is a salesman & thinks of himself as an Apple marketing salesman, so tries to justify Mac which well.....isn't any better then a Dell now. Even the hardware is same & made by Quant/Asus :D

Huh. Look at Apple's OS X. It's rock solid and hence each enduser promotes that

Look at Windows Vista or any earlier OS. all that an end user do is wait for SP1 Sp2 .... When will they get time to promote and even if they promote, Who will listen???????

You say Dell and Apple are same? haha. Internally, they might have similar hardware, but it is the Operating System that makes the difference.

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^ oh so u mean to say os x to osx 10.4.10 wats that aint that something similar to sp1 or sp2 ... we dont need to market anything ... vista and windows command majority .... minors need to market themselves in an attempt to catch to the big daddy not the other way round ... kuch bolte ho yaar :lol:

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
iMav said:
^^ oh so u mean to say os x to osx 10.4.10 wats that aint that something similar to sp1 or sp2 ... we dont need to market anything ... vista and windows command majority .... minors need to market themselves in an attempt to catch to the big daddy not the other way round ... kuch bolte ho yaar :lol:

big daddy? hahahahahaha.

10 udpates compared to thousands of patches, 2 service packs for XP.

And Vista by birth is full of bugs. huh. Kya bolte ho yaar

and still there is blue death in XP after so many patches updates service packs

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
o! i didnt know that os x has a market share more than windows ... thats news to me can u cite a source please ....

ambandla

Sup' dude, Sup'
iMav said:
o! i didnt know that os x has a market share more than windows ... thats news to me can u cite a source please ....

dude, increase your reading skills. You need a break.

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
ambandla said:
There were mp3 players before ipod came into the market. but it's the ipod+itunes that changed the landscape of music industry

Lolz....iPod+iTunes is a success only in USA, not in India. Here people buy iPod just cos everyone tries to be cool & copy. I hope u know that there are more users in India using Chinese MP3 players or Mobile phones with memory cards then iPod :D
there were touch screen phones before iphone but how many really succeeded?

Palm Treo, HTC, Sony Ericsson P series....Nope, doesn't ring a bell...you think iPhone is revolution? Wake up dude...there were already successful products out there...just that no one marketed them like Apple does.

What did they provide except that you have to use a stylus on a touch screen instead of using a d-pad or a numpad or a joystick? it's the iphones revolutionary interface, perfect mix of music player, internet communicator, phone.

Blah blah blah......I m doing all that on my antique K750i (in computer years), oh & I can chose my own ring tone. :D...can u do that in iPhone? Oh! shucks U can't cos Jobs thought changing ring tone is very complex.

All those touch screen phones can be operated using fingers too, not just stylus. I myself prefer fingers...but a Stylus really really helps when "writing" in the phone. Can u do that iPhone? Can u "write" a note instead of typing it? Oh & I hope now u don't say typing is faster then writing in my hand writing on a paper (PDA screen or note app).

And look at the flurry of the touch screen phones that are coming out these days. I am talking about the multimedia rich phones with touch controls and not business class phones.

Wait...W950i came long before iPhone, Nokia 7610 (multimedia phone) came long before iPhone. Hey do u only see at Apple products? iPhone is sooooo late to the crowd

Huh. Look at Apple's OS X. It's rock solid and hence each enduser promotes that

So solid, that if on a real Mac, I try to change the Apple menu colour using resource editing, it gives a kernel panic :D. Registry rox...atleast u can boot in safe mode & revert back.

Look at Windows Vista or any earlier OS. all that an end user do is wait for SP1 Sp2 .... When will they get time to promote and even if they promote, Who will listen???????

No one needs to listen. To run Mac u need a new Computer. To run Linux, u need to be a geek, No linux distro work perfectly out of the box.

Windows runs on the existing PC, & you can use all your existing Apps the way u want....thats the benefit.
but it is the Operating System that makes the difference.

Oh! Yawn Yawn....Dell isn't making Dellbuntu :D or Delldora 7 or DuDe Linux 10.3, they make hardware & that is what I m comparing here. Not the OS.

ambandla said:
And Vista by birth is full of bugs. huh. Kya bolte ho yaar

While nokia makes bread & coka cola makes engine oil

and still there is blue death in XP after so many patches updates service packs

Try running a WHQL driver based, unaltered or default config of Windows XP SP2 & then try saying it. Thats how your Mac OS X is running.

Last edited:

a_k_s_h_a_y

Dreaming
nothing big in the design of iphone....i think such touch screen phones have been there in the market even before iphone.
so iphone is a copy..buzz off arya...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom