NOKIA 6681 - PC Suite problem!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam_1710

Youngling
Hi guys...

I own a Nokia 6681 and i was using NOKIA PC Suite 6.5... given at the time of purchase. Today i downloaded Ver. 6.8. I installed it, and restarted the system (It told me to do so)...
Now when i connect my Mobile to the PC it says "Windows could not load the installer for Wireless Communication Devices. Contact your hardware vendor for assistance" and then it does not detect my mobile!!!!! :-(
I use Data Cable for Data transfer.
I tried re-install of both the versions.... But no use...
Kindly give me a solution for this problem!!!!

Thank you.

joshi_ban

Broken In
even the old version of pc suit is not working? If only the new version is not detecting your device, them possibly you might have downloaded pc suit 4 other models. Try to download once again.

Go 2 support page in nokia site.
M using 6680. I have downloaded the new version from the support site and its working perfectly. Try and try.

OP
sam_1710

sam_1710

Youngling
i hav downloaded the correct version ....and also the old version isnt workin...!!!! all this happened after installing ver 6.8...!!!!
Please help me!!!!!

OP
sam_1710

sam_1710

Youngling
Aaahhh..... Please Help me!!
I tried re-installing both versions(6.5 and 6.8 )...[umpteen times]
Then tried "Nokia PC Suite Cleaner 3.3" found in Nokia Website...Then a fresh install of Version 6.5....(note: also tried a fresh install of ver 6.8 )
Now when i try to connect the mobile, it says - "There is no available connection type and therefore connection to the phone cant be established.The wizard will exit".........also it tells me to re-install PC Suite... but that didnt work!!!!

PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!! :(

OP
sam_1710

sam_1710

Youngling
Hey i do have the correct version installed - "Nokia_PC_Suite_68_rel_22_eng_web.msi" ...as suggested by the site!!!

Thanks for your concern...
montsa007 said:
try google search type "6681 pc suite" am sure u will win over the prob
but it was of no use!!!!!! :( :( :(

PLEASE HELP ME !!!!

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
This happens due to some error in the USb driver of the cable. First u have to remove the soft fully:
*uninstall it first
* enter registry nd delete the folder Nokia from HKEY_CURRENT USER/Softwares/Nokia-delete
restart
unplug the cable
install 6.8
restart
plug in the cable
plug in the phone to cable
run connectivity wizard as sometimes it is required to detect the phone for the first time. wait for some time (takes time in during the first connection )
Evrything is OK:
Try it

OP
sam_1710

sam_1710

Youngling
aravind_n20 said:
This happens due to some error in the USb driver of the cable. First u have to remove the soft fully:
*uninstall it first
* enter registry nd delete the folder Nokia from HKEY_CURRENT USER/Softwares/Nokia-delete
restart
unplug the cable
install 6.8
restart
plug in the cable
plug in the phone to cable
run connectivity wizard as sometimes it is required to detect the phone for the first time. wait for some time (takes time in during the first connection )
Evrything is OK:
Try it

The above solution didnt work!!!!!

Please help me!!!

OP
sam_1710

sam_1710

Youngling
@aravind n20 : Tried as you said.... installed 6.8... dint work... then tried 6.5(Given wid the fone) dint work.....
Wat am i to do????

joshi_ban

Broken In
Give It A Try

sam_1710 said:
@aravind n20 : Tried as you said.... installed 6.8... dint work... then tried 6.5(Given wid the fone) dint work.....
Wat am i to do????

SAM, really surprised to hear this. Well we can do one thing.

Lets check it.

Install the same pc suit in any other PC, may be your friends or any other,
check whether it supports or not.
if it supports, then there is some problem in your PC where it is not supported
and again even it is not supported in the other PC, then there might be some problem in your usb cable, or fone.

so try it out and figure it out,

talk to u later dude

OP
sam_1710

sam_1710

Youngling
Also.... Wat is "Nokia 6681 Phone Parent" ... after "Windows could not load the installer for Wireless Communication Devices. Contact your hardware vendor for assistance" .. this error message... it asks for install location for "Nokia 6681 Phone Parent".... Wats all this??? ... It tries to search the net for it .. but fails to do so!!!!

OP
sam_1710

sam_1710

Youngling
Yippie..... Now PC Suite 6.8 works fine!!!!!
all i did was Re-install Win XP .. and SP2... now PC suite works without any probz.....
Thank you guys.... for all your assistance....
:) :) :)

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Now when i connect my Mobile to the PC it says "Windows could not load the installer for Wireless Communication Devices. Contact your hardware vendor for assistance" and then it does not detect my mobile!!!!!

Maybe the conn. type is set to Bluetooth from PCSuite .. chage it by launching "Get Connected" in PCSuite ..

Alternatively ... install the phone manually .. drivers should be found at "C:\Program Files\Nokia\Connectivity Cable Driver" .. or in the install directory .. and then launch PCSuite ..

I'm using v6.8 and facing no probs at all ..

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
The same is happening to me now. I was transferring data to the phone nd the currunt failed nd reinstalling nd eveythin is not working.

Do I too have to reinstall windows???Let me try a system restore..

joshi_ban

Broken In
hay arvind, why to re0install the operating in your pc, berrter try system restore. that is the easiest way

chow

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Oh it worked..so its some system files dats the culprit.
Never interrupt any data transfers b/w phone nd PC nd it causes cuppuptions in PC as well as phone(corrupted filed in the mem card nd can be solved by formate).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom