Status
Not open for further replies.

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
Hi guys I am planning to buy a Nokia 6610.Can u provide me with details,I mean it's + and - points.Any other recommendation in that price range?

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
good phone if u get it cheap...
pros:
nice, small phone, color screen, fm radio, gprs....
cons:
very little memory, screen is not that gr8

wait 4 others 2 reply abt other phones in the same price range.....

tuxfan

Technomancer
Good handset. I am satisfied with it. At times a little slow. Very les memory. Becomes slower if the memory is near full. Remove the applications, pics, ringtones, etc. that you don't need.

Good size, no prob with battery life. But battery indicators is somewhat faulty. It doesn't go down quickly from the full mark. But once it goes down even 1 step, it goes down quickly and then stays on the last mark for a longer time.

Sound quality good. Radio works great.

Don't lamintate. Don't keep it in plastic cover. It scratches the screen. At most keep it in a leather/rexine pouch.

suave_guy

pedal to metal
nokia 6610i has a camera and XHTML browser....priced almost same, infact its the upgrade version of the nokia 6610.
Nokia 6100 is also good if u dont want camera and FM.... Infact its better looking and more sleeker then nokia 6610.

Enjoy :)

Abhijit_T

Journeyman
I disagree, I think 6610 looks better than 6100(6100 is much lighter though)
Well, cons about the 6610 are the small memory size(700+kb), and sometimes slow response, in my opinion
Also, I've heard that theres a flaw in the 6610 design, which allows dust to creep in from the back after 2-3 months use(Can anyone confirm it?)
Why don't u go for the best phone in its price range?The Sony Ericsson T610(2003 'Phone of the Year')
It has a bigger screen and better screen, nice interface, more memory(2MB),Camera,Bluetooth(6610 dosen't have bluetooth),Polyphonic Composer,etc.(Much more features, almost same price)
U can compare them both here-

*www.esato.com/phones/index.php/phone=74,cp=45

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
dude, t610 has a camera so 2MB memory is insufficient...plus the camera quality sucks...lemme tell u, buying a phone with a budget of around 8-10k is really hard....u should probably go with samsung x100 or x430...

techie_it

Broken In
dude...pardon me..for saying this...Bt Sam 430 is Bad....I have a nokia..6100 ..Its a good Piece..same as 6600 but w/o FM ...and..ha..now 6610i has come...Its got same features as its Brother 6610 with an Extra Camera ...and i guess the price is somewhere 9k..odd...and ha..btw Nokia..has stopped distributing 6610 and always...u can see only i ..model..

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
techie_it said:
dude...pardon me..for saying this...Bt Sam 430 is Bad....I have a nokia..6100 ..Its a good Piece..same as 6600 but w/o FM ...and..ha..now 6610i has come...Its got same features as its Brother 6610 with an Extra Camera ...and i guess the price is somewhere 9k..odd...and ha..btw Nokia..has stopped distributing 6610 and always...u can see only i ..model..

6100 same as 6600???? and the 6600 doesnt even have fm...
i was guessing abt the x430 after looking at the features...and 6610i aint that good either...just adds a crappy camera 2 the 6610...

theraven

Technomancer
how can the 6100 be the same as 6600 ??
i think we are talkin abt the same phone .. so here goes
the 6100 has no camera , no big screen ...no bluetooth ... no 60 series UI , not even the same memory
and the 6100 HAS fm... the 6600 doesnt
so i really didnt get the point of it being the same ..

techie_it

Broken In
well dude , to prove my piont , just visit the link..
*nokia.co.in/nokia/0,,45253,00.html..here comparision is given for Both 6610 and 6100 Models...Well...No Great Difference..u see...As i said..a little tweaks in 6610 and u get the model 6100 w/o FM, and Some Weight Reduces..tats It...so as such..Incase..you guys are looking for FM Specific..with all those ..usual...Goodies..Like MMS etc ...6610 is the Best ..and incase..you are not specific abut The FM Part..then ...6100 is the One.....The base for all My saying is Coz..I have used Both The Phones long back used 6610 and now at present using 6100.................................

techie_it

Broken In
dudes..Sorry ..thinyk above Link..does not Load ...properly..with The Full Comaprision Test Btwn 6100 and 6610 ..Just go to ...*www.nokia.co.in..and do a phone Comparision.. :( :( :( :oops: :oops: :oops:

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
techie_it said:
well dude , to prove my piont , just visit the link..
*nokia.co.in/nokia/0,,45253,00.html..here comparision is given for Both 6610 and 6100 Models...Well...No Great Difference..u see...As i said..a little tweaks in 6610 and u get the model 6100 w/o FM, and Some Weight Reduces..tats It...so as such..Incase..you guys are looking for FM Specific..with all those ..usual...Goodies..Like MMS etc ...6610 is the Best ..and incase..you are not specific abut The FM Part..then ...6100 is the One.....The base for all My saying is Coz..I have used Both The Phones long back used 6610 and now at present using 6100.................................

dude u still did not get it, did u? u said that the 6100 is almost the same as the 6600

i think u meant 6100 and the 6610

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
am totally satisfied wid me SE t610.....i haf no probs wid storage coz ..i transfer all d snaps to me laptop instantly....so..i alwayz manage to haf free space......only prob am facing is hiccups in configuring grps wid airtel....

things i like most in this phone are : crisp 65k color screen.....n a great speaker!!!!

secondly...i am trying to crop mp3 files...n converting 'em to amr files..so dat i kin transfer 'em to me phone..nebody succeded in dat??

but definitly.......x600's cam is betta......

suave_guy

pedal to metal
waoh....watching this 6100,6610,6600 figures is rolling up my eyes, they look so same and confusing(not the phones though, i'm talking about the posts) :)
i think evyone is rt. here in their own way....
considering the budget range of 8-10K:
if someone needs a light and small phone and doesnt give much importance to the additional feature apart frm the color screen and other usuals then i think nokia 6100 is worth a mention....
if someone needs extra frills like camera and FM then nokia 6610i is a better option....

btw while u guys are arguing over this issue i'm condsidering motorola E-398 for myself, being a college student ;)

Enjoy :)

OP
sidewinder

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
Hmm.....!!!!!!

Hey I will not buy sony erricson phones bcoz they have the worst software in the world.I had a t 230 and it used to hang every now and then nd I had to remove the battery to reboot the phone.I think I will buy the 6610i.6610 has 641 kb of memory.Can u tell me how much memory does the 6610i have?

plasmafire

Journeyman
i'm a t610,630(black),P800(at present).. owner..in that order

SE rules..i did get a 7250..but i hated it so much..I gifted it 2 my sis.lol

memory is not a big isue with 610..if u get a dongle(IR,BT)..

Does 6610i have BT,AMR play,65K color, n 352*250 res. camera,hi def polyphony,natural voice spkr??

610=10.2k
6610i=9.4k

t610 looks kick ass
6610i is a sick brick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom