Nokia 6600- IR adapter for PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

captain_hook

Right off the assembly line
Guys,

I have recently purchased a Nokia 6600 handset. The phone is IR & Bluetooth enabled but my PC is not. At the time of purchasing, I was told that I would have to buy an additional IR adapter for my PC. Can anyone suggest good brands available for the same & the approximate cost?

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
I would suggest you rather buy a bluetooth adapter,it has much faster speed than IR,also the phone does not need to be in the line-of-sight of the adapter.
You can purchase a bluetooth adapter for around Rs.500.

h_kunte

Journeyman
As mobile_freak_2020 suggested....A mmc card reader is the best bet for data transfer among the three available options...

An MMC card reader should also cost around Rs. 500...The same cost as of the dongle...In fact...we get flash drives which have provisions to fit in MMC cards...Although they arent very popular, they are very convenient since data can be transferred thru USB at speeds which are faster than the bluetooth transfer rate....

IR sucks big time & is not very reliable also....Go in for a mmc card reader or a bluethooth thingy...More preferred is a card reader...

HK

amol48

Searching...
well the main pro with MMC is that you cant get access to PC suite from that e.g. if you wanna do a back up or so. I mean you can get access to your phone from your PC !!! I wish something which is a combination of both BT and MMC :) which can transfer files as fast as MMC and has BT he he :) jus kidding

BTW MMC will cost you not more than Rs. 250 if you wanna go for cheaper ones or there is one costing Rs. 550 of intex which is 5-in-1.
It can also be used for handycam cards and others.

cooldip10

In the zone
Hey if you ask me... I would suggest data cable for fastest transfer of data.But if you are lookin for more comfort you can settle with BT... But don't buy IR it is useless.. As one of our friends said card reader are not compatible with PC suite ..so I suggest DATA CABLE .. The choice is yours :lol: :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom