Nokia 6230

Status
Not open for further replies.

sushantvn

Right off the assembly line
Hello,
I am thinking of getting this phone. But I have heard that it gives some MMC trouble ( Larger MMC can't be read in this phone. Also I heard that you can't read e-mail on this phone. Is it true? ) Please comment. Thank you. :)

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
Hmm..., first of all read Nemi's review here:
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13100

And who told abt the MMC thing? IT's not a RS-MMC. It's a normal one only. So all normal sized MMC will fit. There is no large MMC, only RS-MMC (reduced size-MMC) is available.

And who told you that we can't email? We can send and recieve emails.

eckswyezed

Broken In
drgrudge said:
And who told abt the MMC thing? IT's not a RS-MMC. It's a normal one only. So all normal sized MMC will fit. There is no large MMC, only RS-MMC (reduced size-MMC) is available.

I'm sure he meant large CAPACITY MMC! As in - greater than 512MB MMCs. At any rate the answer is the same: the Nokia 6230 CAN support it. It just takes some time to refresh the track list, which may cause people to think that it has hanged.

din

Tribal Boy
Nokia discontinued the model 6230 . You may get this ( old stock ) but my suggestion is Either go for any other model or wait for 6230i .

devilhead_satish

In the zone
Emailing should be as nifty as SMS on the phone. Not a problem,this. And you should also take a look at the K750i. Should be available in the grey

OP
S

sushantvn

Right off the assembly line
Thank you guys for your help. I am definitely going to get this phone. I am tempted to go for 6230i but it is out of my budget :D

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Yeah go for the 6230 if the 6230i is out of your budget. I have the 6230 and it is a great phone. Loaded with features in a small and compact package. It uses the normal MMC as grudge said and not RS-MMC. You can safely put in a 512MB card in the phone without any issues. All that will happen is that the phone will take a long time to read the data stored on the card. So if you are playing music, it will take a long time to read all the tracks on the card. I would recommend a 256MB card instead-I think it provides a good balance between storage size and usability. It will also be cheaper of course :D

Oh and yes, please post future cell phone queries in the Sticky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom