Nokia 6070 + DKU-5

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sariq

nokia recommends CA-42 cable for Nokia 6070 model. i was having one DKU-5 cable (duplicate). i pluged the cable mobile showed enhancement not supported. i ignored the message and booted into ubuntu and used pppconfig to connect to internet and made successfull internet connection.

now how to connect in windows xp? for DKU-5 cables you cant connect to internet from PC suite. phone is detected and connected by pc suite for file browsing, but internet connection cant be made. in cable manual they have instructed to "add new modem" from
control panel >>phone and modem options >> Add new modem >> dont detect my modem, i will select from a list>> nokia>> phone model
but nokia 6070 is not listed in the list :-(

anybody used this model in xp for internet connection?

OP
S

sariq

what are you talking? i am presently posting this message by connecting through Nokia 6070

The Outsider

Beneath The Eyelids
ankurgupta.me said:
I dont think Nokia 6070 has an inbuilt modem...

he did it successfully on linux aka 6070 has an inbuilt modem :lol:

@sariq try updatin to the latest version of pc suite, if that doesn't work then it seems the driver is missing in the pc suite, download & install the "Nokia CA-42 cable driver" as it has the driver for modem too.
Just install it and then uninstall it, this way the modem driver will remain but the cable driver will be removed and then again install your dku-5 cable drivers.

download here --> *www.nokia.es/A4162169

OP
T

titun

Hey Sariq, just choose any one of the NOKIA models given in the list of detected modems and configure it. It will work. I also use N 6070[CA 42 cable]with AirTel GPRS since 3 months, my cell is also not detected, but I choosed N 3200, it works d same way. The exact model number is immaterial.

Btw which ubuntu version u used ?? I tried d hell out of me configuring it with FC5 but failed. Please describe ur Linux experiment/experience with this phone.

OP
S

sariq

i am using ubuntu. it is very easy to connect through it. first plugin data cable and check by tail /var/log/messages to check port for cable it was /dev/ttyUSB0 in my case. use sudo pppconfig to configure connection.

OP
T

titun

Thanks for d info. Is ur connection problem in XP solved ? Let me know.

OP
S

sariq

no its not solved. my DKU-5 cable is at com5. if i select 3220 or any other model i didnt show com5 for selection.

may be i am using older version of pc suite (6.6)

OP
T

titun

Select any model and any of the com ports that shows and configure a false account. Restart PC, then select another model, this time com5 should show up(believe me, my com3 port is recognised in this exact way 2nd time). Delete the previous modem setting if u wish.

Please do it fast man, I am eager to hear YES from u :)

OP
S

sariq

thanks, it worked now. the problem was com5 was being used by PC suite for file browsing connection. so when it relesed com5, com5 appeared in modem installation window. i used 3220 as model. it didnt need restart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom