Nokia 5610 worst from nokia

Status
Not open for further replies.

manistar

Broken In
hi guys,
i got new nokia 5610, found its worst product ever from nokia..
it has lot of software problems and hangs in middle and ve to wait for 10 mins to see it active again. the software got corrupted twice. and its not fixed even aftr firmware upgrade.

do anyone faces the same issue.
what can we do against nokia for giving such a bad quality mobile

2kewl

Sangeet Premi
Update the firmware, my dear! Will solve your hanging and restart problems.

I've never faced hanging problems though with my 5610.

agnels

Live The Dream!
No problems here. When you enter wrong security code a certain no of times it will not accept any code and give a CODE ERROR for a fixed time.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
hi guys,
i got new nokia 5610, found its worst product ever from nokia..
it has lot of software problems and hangs in middle and ve to wait for 10 mins to see it active again. the software got corrupted twice. and its not fixed even aftr firmware upgrade.

do anyone faces the same issue.
what can we do against nokia for giving such a bad quality mobile

Take it to the service center and get replacement model. If it's hanging too much, they will definitely fix it. Go to service centers maintained by Airtel (on e near cool joint, jayanagar, bangalore). Don't go to those maintained by HCL coz you will get you mobile in far worse condition. They are worst when it comes to providing service.

OP
manistar

manistar

Broken In
i ve serviced the mobile twice.. they jus update firmware.. mine is v4.81. even then it hangs. when we switch off mobile when it hangs then whole software gets corrupted. i enquired with service centre people they said they are getting 5 mobiles daily with this fault.
when i take a pic in that mobile it takes more time to save.. when i switch off during the process of saving the firmware got corrupted.
second time i restored contacts from back up file in memory card. it took more thaan 15 mins so i switched off.. and again i ended with firmware corruption.
so please don switch off mobile when its doing any action

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Ask them to replace the device.
Tell them I am unable to use it for calling.Also my time gets wasted due to repeated trips to nokia care.
Shout at them, they should take action.

This helps saw a guy doing this & he also got the advantage of other customers.
After sometime 4-5 people started yelling at 1 employye & she finally agreed to replace it. ;)

sharath_ar89

Broken In
:mad: ihave it bought it on 12 may 08 i have faced the prod 4 around 10 times (i.e 10 hangs).
i'm getting annoyed wit that prob.
how ever the music playback is really good
not to mention the frequent library/gallery updating process.
and the back battery cover it seems to be tat u r breaking it open wen u r removing it.

sharath_ar89

Broken In
worst phone ever by nokia i agree
it not a month since i bought this mobile
firmware corrupted ?
yes i brought it on 12-5-08 and it gave away on 1-06-08
cool na
my friends wanted me 2 go for sony eric
but i thought nokia would have the upper hand.
:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:mad:

and not 2 forget the hanging prob
it hangs very often like 4-5 times a week or so

Last edited:

enggprashant

Right off the assembly line
hi...i got nokia 5610 on 01-06-2008...after few days it started giving restart problem. then..only 19 days later on 19-06-2008 while i was on a call...the phone swtiched off on its own..but didnt started again as it was doing for last many days.
then when i tried to switch it on..as soon as it turned on..it again turned off..next day i went to nokia care..they said the phone software is corrupted. They upgraded the software,...so they said...and they also said that there is some virus in my memory card which is why the phone is giving such problem..they said that if even the smallest virus is thr in memory card..nokia 5610 will give problems...earlier i had nokia 6233..but i never faced such problem...i anyway scanned my memory card and again put it on my phone...now again it has started giving restart problem and i fear tht one fine day it will againget wholly corrupted...what to do???
is the virus thing correct??or he is fooling me just bcoz i then presume tht prob is with my card n not phone...or just bcoz he has no intention to replace my phone???
pl help!!!!!!!!!!!

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
5610 and 5310 creates many problems

my friend has got a 5310 when he try's to go inside the mem. card the phone hangs and the only thing he can do is too take out the battery

my suggestion will be to format the mem card and and transfer songs and videos through card reader and then insert the card

check out if it works

Tamoghno

Padawan
I'm 99.99% sure that the virus thing it not correct.. Every virus needs certain platform to do its job , so even if the card caught virus , it wont work in cellphone environment.

But i do agree that 5610 is one of the worst phone from nokia. That **** is really overpriced. And the camera really sucks. Also why putting 2.5 mm jack when 3.5 mm is quite common.

But i found 5310 to be very nice phone. Nice looking sexy phone.

One suggestion , please dont remove battery while the memory card is in use . You may damage the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom