Status
Not open for further replies.

comrade

foreign return(0)
So how is nokia 5500...i have seen so many threads suggesting 5200/5700...but its no where mentioned about 5500..am stunned against its features..being a symbian v9 rel 3 fone its available for just 7.5k @ univercell.
Some reviews were against its keypad....anyone here had any such problems.
am planning to replace my 6260 with 5500..suggestions plz..

*www.gsmarena.com/nokia_5500_sport-1557.php

alsiladka

Noobie Pro
well i would not suggest 5500 to you. It was built keeping sportsperson in mind, so that they could track their fitness and helth. It has a pretty small screen as well as a formfactor.

It was not built as a daily multimedia phone, you would better go for a E50.

assasin

Banned
i've used a 5500 for bout 6 months.overall its a gr8 fone,but for the crappy keypad.sound thru loudspkr is just gr8.only prob is the keypad which comes off after bout 2-3 months of usage,though u can easily replace it.

K

krazyfrog

The only problem i see with it is the small display. Too small for viewing videos or surfing the net. Otherwise its overall features are excellent and definitely recommended at 7.5k.

OP
comrade

comrade

foreign return(0)
if the keypad issue is solvable then i think its gonna be a good deal..
my current 6260 has got 176X208 so comparing to that one 208X208 is ok i think...thank u all for sharing ur experience.

assasin

Banned
comrade said:
my current 6260 has got 176X208 so comparing to that one 208X208 is ok i think...thank u all for sharing ur experience.

the display area of 6260 is bigger than 5500.

assasin

Banned
comrade said:
how can it be....what does the figures then indicate
176x208
208x208

208x208 is the total no of pixels that make up the display area.
N76 has a 2.4in 240x320 display and 5700 has 2.2in 240x320 display.
u can decide the display size just based on the pixel count.

K

krazyfrog

More number of pixels in less area make for a really sharp and attractive picture but also puts strain on ones eyes as everything looks small. Same number of pixels on a larger area make for more relaxed viewing. E.g. W880i has 240x320 pixels in a display measuring 1.8" whereas N95 displays the same number of pixels in 2.6". W880i's display maybe sharp and exciting to look at but N95's larger real estate make for a better overall picture which is also easier on the eyes.

cooldudie3

Boom Boom Boom
comrade said:
my current 6260 has got 176X208 so comparing to that one 208X208 is ok .
dude it's a small monitor for a symbian phone and bad in videos and surfing the net(all symbian phones have huge monitors)

but i think 6260 has a smaller monitor

Last edited:
OP
comrade

comrade

foreign return(0)
ok then i guess i need to settle for e50 which is the next close competitor @ 1.5 K more..
e50 @ 9k & 5500 @ 7.5k

Pathik

Google Bot
hmmm.. The e50 is a good fone.. I myself use it.. Tho dont expect much in the cam and music dept

OP
comrade

comrade

foreign return(0)
cam is secondary for me..but sound should be loud enough when loud spkr turned on
but am concerned about video recording...can i improve the video quality by using any of the 3rd party softs available like eti camcorder,etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom