Nokia 3110c ...data cable support

Status
Not open for further replies.

netguy

In To The World
I recently bought Nokia 3110 c..the phone has very good features as of my opinion...and i have a lot of photos in my mobile....and i want to transfer them to my system..

I approached my friend who works in a mobile store....he told that this version of mobile..ie Nokia 3110c does nt have a data cable......

What he means is that though it has a data cable (USB cable) it is not capable of transferring data from mobile to PC and vice versa......

Is this true....??
If it is true what are the alternatives that I should go for...?

OP
netguy

netguy

In To The World
I did not get you sir....USB dongle....means??
U mean it is something like Wireless receiver attached to computer ???

How much does it cost ?

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
No separate cables needed for 3110c. You must have got a miniUSB cable with it. Connect it to the phone and other end to the compy. The phone will show many options. Select Mass storage. And the phone will me recognised as a pen drive.

OP
netguy

netguy

In To The World
no boss!! this model of mobile of nokia is not supplied with any cable....it is bundled only with head phones and charger......thats it...........all the enhancements must be bought seperately.....!

I just want to know wheter the USB cable of this model nokia 3110 is working well or not.....if required i will download suitable drivers or pc suite..

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
arey bhai, yesterday only, One of my friend bought this phone. He had come to me to take some photo editors. I had checked it...and transferred many videos to the cell. No drivers reqd. windows' inbuilt drivers will do.

Go to any computer shop and ask them this cable:USB to Mini USB type
*www.pcparts.hu/shop/images/usb-kabel-mini=foto=canon.jpg
*www.gpsgeek.com/images/products/usbpc_large.jpg

Well, I don't know whether he bought it separately or it came bundled with the phone.

Last edited:
OP
netguy

netguy

In To The World
yeah ok boss.......u say that to go the store and ask for MINI USB cable ..thik hai...........hope it works for me................thnk u boss

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Bluetooth dongle is very easy to get and when connected to your PC it makes it bluetooth capable so that you can connect your phone and PC via bluetooth...
Get bluetooth dongle coz I guess that miniUSB cable will be hard to find...
Only advantage miniUSB has over dongle is better transfer speeds...

New

Padawan
I do have bought brand new 3110c.I wanted to know how much will that USB cable will cost?If it is working please let me know
and also how much for Micro SD card?
thank you..

Pathik

Google Bot
U can get a 1gb micro sd for 450 bucks and a 2gb for 800..
and yea the mini usb to usb cable goes for around 200-300 bucks depending on area..

OP
netguy

netguy

In To The World
pathiks said:
U can get a 1gb micro sd for 450 bucks and a 2gb for 800..
and yea the mini usb to usb cable goes for around 200-300 bucks depending on area..

No friend.....its a micro SD card....
and i was told that....for a 512 MB card it costs me 550 to 600 bucks and
1 GB card goes around 900 buks.........these rates were told to me by more than 10 people in my area.....

and data cable i dont know how much it costs so i cant express any idea about it......!

azzu

AJJU
USB to Mini USB type is the best way to transferr files it will be available in any major mobile or cam shops

OP
netguy

netguy

In To The World
no bill haha haa.....yaa we can get them at around 500.....but there is no guarantee that all of them will last long..!

New

Padawan
thanks for the information friends.. Will buy one card today..

Sorry guys.I had to ask one more question.I have downloaded some theme from mobile 9 .com.But in that theme there is mark called "mobile9.com".how to remove that theme?Is there any sofr available for that?

Last edited:

New

Padawan
Boss i know how to remove the mark from wallpaper:)
Its on the theme.
Will try theme editor..
Can you peoples suggest me a good site for themes and softwares?(Don't tell getjar )
thanks for the information...

OP
netguy

netguy

In To The World
sorry..Lucky Star..!.bro...today morning i went and brought a Mini USB data cable.....its a 5 pin cable and it was perfectly set into the phone slot and when i started my system ...my compy did not recognise my phone at all.......

I think i was given a duplicate data cable..........

Leave this data cable thingy..........thanks for all your efforts.......

Now which would be the better alternative....

Blue tooth dongle or

card reader ????......

and one more doubt regarding card reader ....can the same memory card reader can recognise both 512 MB card and 1 GB memory card.......if this can be done i prefer memory card reader.......................!

Please someone out there reply me...........

Thankz......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom