Nokia 3100- can't send ringtones to others!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dare_dexter

Broken In
:?
It is very shameful to me that my buddies who send me ringtones, don't get a single one from me. Does anyone know how can I do it anyway? Please help! :oops:

tuxfan

Technomancer
You can only send monophonic ringtones via SMS and not polyphonic ones. What are you trying to send?

OP
dare_dexter

dare_dexter

Broken In
No ringtone goes!

:( No ringtone- monophonic or polyphonic- could be sent! It's disgusting, because I've got some downloaded ringtones from my buddies through the "Extras>Composer>Send" option. How can they be able to send this, not me?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
u r outta luck dude....most nokia polyphonic sets don't have composers.....which directly implies that you CANT send ringtones via SMS...

the thing is...wid monophonic phones...the tones are in the form of notes....which can be reproduced on any phone with the required notes....however this not the case wid polyphonic....

polyphonic tones are actually MIDI or mmf files...which cant be sent OTA (over the air) ie. thru SMS...

if ya wanna send ringtones ...then get a monophonic phone buddy...

tho some motorola polyphonic sets do haf composer...its the same thing....they cant be sent OTA.

IG

Journeyman
and dude in a nokia handset,u can send a downloaded tone by changing its name..... just put a $ sign before and after the name...sometimes even tones that are not copyrighted cannot be sent..u can use this either ways

OP
dare_dexter

dare_dexter

Broken In
Well, thanks anyway!

:roll:
I've tried with two $ signs before and after the name- it doesn't work! Well, it seems that infra_red_dude is right, my handset is not compatible for sending ringtones! Thanks anyway, guys!
But wait... there's an "Application Download" option. Though the bloody BSNL connection doesn't support GPRS/GSM, can't I download a composer from Nokia website(www.nokia.com) or somewhere else? What do you think about that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom