Noisy Hard drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

skippednote

M3TAL H3AD M3
I have a 40 gb maxtor hard drive 4 years old it has started making too much noise i have used smart software but it did not help . Please tell of what to do to cut off the noise

raskal00

Right off the assembly line
I had an old seagate baracuda 40 Gb, well it had the same problem after 3-4 years , i guess u could defrag it a couple of time and run scan disk, if it is some sector problem maybe it will be solved

Or else do what i did buy a new one , New 40,80 Gb HDD's are sold for affordable prices these days, go to ur nearst vendpr for a good bargain

Tech Geek

Wise Old Owl
every old hard disk makes that sound
It is due to some bad sectors in the hard disk
Don't worry about ti

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
^^Lol,For the first time I have heard someone telling not to worry about bad sectors.
Dude start making backups of your data.

Tech Geek

Wise Old Owl
vimal_mehrotra said:
^^Lol,For the first time I have heard someone telling not to worry about bad sectors.
Dude start making backups of your data.
This sound has been coming for the past three yrs from my Hard disk.
And nothing happened till now

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
Tech Geek said:
This sound has been coming for the past three yrs from my Hard disk.
And nothing happened till now

How many times have u opened ur CABINET frm past three years??? else it would be case of loose screws :p.....

@Captian nero

check ur hard drive for bad sectors....defrag it...and be ready for new drive....if noise does'nt go.....ur gona have a new drive soon...

Tech Geek

Wise Old Owl
wizrulz said:
How many times have u opened ur CABINET frm past three years??? else it would be case of loose screws :p.....

@Captian nero

check ur hard drive for bad sectors....defrag it...and be ready for new drive....if noise does'nt go.....ur gona have a new drive soon...
It was just opened two months age
And all the screws were tight

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
^^Dude,My 1 month old seagate makes some loud noises too.It is because of cabinet.
For once unscrew the HDD and place its somewhere out of the cabinet.Then see
If the sound comes.;-)
I never said anything about the sound,I said it because you were underplaying the danger of bad sectors.:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom