No Sound in Rear Speakers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dantewillcry

Right off the assembly line
Hi

I have a set of Creative Inspire 4.1 speakers.

My rear speakers won't work in any application. When I swap rear speakers and front speakers then my front speakers don't work in any application.

I've been thru the speaker setup wizard several times. I have front speakers in the green and rear speakers in the blue. I ticked "rear speakers connected into line-in. I have analogue speakers enabled only and am pretty sure all of my other settings are right including that in the windows audio setup options.

When I test sound in the SoundMax control panel I clearly hear "right surround" and "left surround" for the rear speakers (as well as the front speakers) so I'm sure all channels are working. It's just that in any application like winamp, WMP, tv tuner, even windows startup music, the rear speakers don't work. No sound, nothing!

I was wondering if an application has to be surround encoded to allow the rear speakers to work? If so then why don't I just get a Y-splitter and put all channels into the green since most of my applications don't allow my rear to work when it is connected into the blue.

Ideally I want to keep things as they are and am sure there is a way to get all four speakers to sound in all applications.

Please help.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Intel D865GBF Motherboard
XFX Geforce 5800 Ultra 128 MB
Intel P4 2.8GHz HT
Kingston 512MB DDR
WinXP SP2

Sooraj_digit

BLah.. Blah..blah.......
yes the media should contain more than two channels so that you can hear the true surrounds.... or else use the y-splitter... but remember that you are compromising on sound quality cuz you are forcing the output of two channels to divide into four channels.

realdan

Ambassador of Buzz
i think usually mp3 or cd and similar music format has two channel or stereo music...

to get your rear speaker to also play the sound...

you have to find the settings that will upmix or fill and play sound in the rear speakers also

since i dont use the onboard sound that u r using..i dont know the exact settings for that...but generally you might be able to do that in control panel>sound..then in the audio tab>select advance under Sound playback then you select the speaker setup that will work for you...here you have to do the work and try one at a time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom