No output from centre spreaker of 5.1 set, any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gamefreak14

Journeyman
I'm unable to get any sound from the centre speaker of the 5.1 Creative Inspire 5200 whch I've just purchased. I've checked and reinstalled all the necessary drivers. But theres no sound from the center speaker. Even the diagnostics go well (provided by creative itself). Any ideas?

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
might b an issue with the center channel speaker...try it on another sound card or ask 4 a replacement...

borg

In the zone
Wait a minute man. i heard this complaint from a LOT of Creative 5200 buyers. Its something to do with a weak centre speaker. It is not that ur system is faulty or anything. That is simply how the speaker system is. Just run a search on the net & u will end up seeing that a lot of users are saying the same thing.

For ex. go here-

*ecoustics.epinions.com/pr-Speakers...0000AA285/linkin_id_~3035301/display_~reviews

OP
G

gamefreak14

Journeyman
The centre speaker works fine in games supporting EAX. I've no clue. Checked all connections though. Oh well, so much for 5.1...

borg

In the zone
Anyways, hows the performance yaar?. I am myself planning to buy a 5.1 setup. Just can't decide whether to go for the Creative Inspire 5200 which sells for approx 4900/- in my place or the Altec lansing 251 which sells for Rs. 6000/- . Creative is cheaper but this issue with the center speaker is bugging me. Was considering the Lansing, but in Digit review in March 2004, the inspire gets more points than the 251. Don't know what to do man. I am all confused here. :roll: . Any advice will be appreciated.

OP
G

gamefreak14

Journeyman
Sure borg, heres my review , digit ishhtyle !!
The performance is very good, all games support EAX these days, and playing them is an acoustic treat..The bass from the woofer is phenomenal! Overall, the build quality is very good.
+ --> excellent value for money, very good resale value.
- --> Playing 128 Kbps songs hurt, 160Kbps + always recommended. Superficial 5th speaker hence not recommended if you aren't a gamer.

And oh, btw, try to get them from abroad, this cost me 4550 w/ the Live value 5.1 sound card.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
:?: hey game freak...which player ru using for playing songs???

EXACLY the same situation i was having with my 6.1 creative speakers...
more abt the solution after i get to know ur reply!!!

:wink: :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom