No one in this universe can make a ' con ' folder!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zegulas

Traceur
Hey I have heard that no one can make a folder named con in windows, dont know abt linuxs.
And also heard that Bill Gates has announced some heavy money for the one who does it!!! :p

Sourabh

Laptoping
Unlocked the thread. The old thread has been lost due to the prunning of the In General Section. Thanks to zegulas for pointing that out.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Same here! Even i can make a con folder!

goto command prompt, type in prompt "mkdir \\.\c:\con"

to delete folder, "rmdir \\.\c:\con"

__Virus__

Ambassador of Buzz
zegulas said:
Hey I have heard that no one can make a folder named con in windows, dont know abt linuxs.
And also heard that Bill Gates has announced some heavy money for the one who does it!!! :p

Over Excited :lol:

This is digit and techo minds reside in here :D

OP
zegulas

zegulas

Traceur
I think u guys dont get me, wat i mean to say is that, why cant we just make a folder named con (using normal method, right click and make new folder and name it)???

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Ok, actually if you really need information about why its not allowed, here goes... Actually, there used to be some reserved names in DOS, because they were commands or device names in DOS. (CON refers to console, or the keyboard). Some other reserved names: CON, AUX, COM1, COM2, COM3, COM4, LPT1, LPT2, LPT3, PRN, NUL.

And if u wanna know about how the command i gave overcomes this problem, check here: *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_Naming_Convention

Ravi+ish

Journeyman
yea... that's just a simple thing.... someone must have fooled you.... saying... Gates will award to anyone who..... :)) :)) that's funny isn't it??? :)) :))

tuxfan

Technomancer
zegulas said:
I think u guys dont get me, wat i mean to say is that, why cant we just make a folder named con (using normal method, right click and make new folder and name it)???

con stands for console i.e. display. It is an existing device in Windows. That is why you can't make it with normal methods.

Try this command in command prompt
copy con myfile.txt

Type a few things and hit F6 or Ctrl+Z. All that you typed will become the content of myfile.txt. This is the usual copy command whose syntax is

copy file1 file2

Se here, file1 is what is on console i.e. con

praka123

left this forum longback
You started the same old topic the world had discussed,,and bored....even in digit as mod tolds....so now another question also someone will ask like
"No one in this universe can make a ' LPT ' folder!!!" :lol: :evil:

aadipa

Padawan
mail2and said:
zegulas said:
mail2and said:
i live in this universe and i can make a folder named con :)

ok dude then tell us how to do it! :p 8) :lol: :twisted:

From Applications/Utilities/Terminal "mkdir con"

Otherwise, right click.. click on "new folder" and name it :)

kalpik said:
^^ renaming the new folder does not work...

It works.........

on Mac :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom