No More Clean Installs Using Upgrade Discs With Windows Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
When it comes to the Windows Vista, Microsoft is changing a long-standing tradition when it comes to upgrading from a previous version of Windows. No longer will popping in a disc of a previous version of Windows during setup satisfy the people in Redmond when using an upgrade CD.

For example, when performing a clean install of Windows XP Professional using an upgrade CD, users would run through the normal setup routine until prompted to insert a previous version of Windows. A user could pop in a Windows 98 or Windows 2000 CD for upgrade compliance and then the setup routine would move along as usual.

Source : *www.dailytech.com/No+More+Clean+Installs+Using+Upgrade+Discs+With+Windows+Vista/article5887.htm

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Ha! Ha! This sucks!

This is so funny and so pathetic. How can Microsoft treat their OWN customers as if they are a bunch of thieves!

Basically, the gist of this article is that whenever you want to install Windows Vista using your upgrade DVD, you need to install Windows XP first. LOL! :lol:

I just can't stop laughing...

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
arya said:
Ha! Ha! This sucks!

This is so funny and so pathetic. How can Microsoft treat their OWN customers as if they are a bunch of thieves!

Basically, the gist of this article is that whenever you want to install Windows Vista using your upgrade DVD, you need to install Windows XP first. LOL! :lol:

I just can't stop laughing...

I hope this post is not influenced by your macboyism

by the way, do u have any idea what upgrade means? It means upgradign from an existing OS to another one, while all the settings & applications & files are saved. I don't find anything wrong with MS's decision of doing this, although i would indeed say that the previous method of just puting the XP CD was better during upgrade installation.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Exactly what I said, "Microsoft treat their OWN customers as if they are a bunch of thieves!"

gx_saurav said:
I don't find anything wrong with MS's decision of doing this
Of course!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom