No DVI cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuki_295

Journeyman
I recently bought a Samsung 22" T220 monitor for 16000 rs, there is a dvi port but no dvi cable in the box. i contacted the store guy he said he opened it right in front of me( it came from jaipur and i live in kota) so they contacted the dealer and he said that DVI cable do not come with the monitor and u have to buy it separately for about 600Rs.

so is it True??

sashijoseph

In the zone
It's possible...for eg Viewsonic 22" with DVI input(VA2226) does not include the DVI cable whereas VA1912wb (19") comes with DVI cable.
Strange!!!

paroh

Padawan
It may be possible that they are not shipping the dvi cable and only giving u the vga cable with this modle. As there is one modle in Lg that also have dvi port but they are only giving the vga cable and not the dvi cable.

So i think u need to buy the dvi cable separately

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
@kuki_295 its true that some monitors dont ship with the dvi cable,like my HP w1907 didnt come with 1 whereas the Viewsonic 1912wb did come with 1.

also i'm thinking of buying the Samsung model that u've bought.cud tell me how good is the pic quality?

OP
K

kuki_295

Journeyman
@kuki_295 its true that some monitors dont ship with the dvi cable,like my HP w1907 didnt come with 1 whereas the Viewsonic 1912wb did come with 1.

also i'm thinking of buying the Samsung model that u've bought.cud tell me how good is the pic quality?

well i am not an expert and i also don't have any camera to post pics, but i like it, looks beautiful,and i am satisfied with picture quality but again i haven't tested or seen other monitors.

i am happy except that they didn't gave a dvi cable and there is a dead pixal on bottom left part of the screen(just one).

acewin

Point Blanc
man you must have been mad to spend 16K for this Samsung, could have got Dell monitor :(, in them DVI cable is a must because all of the are DVI models

seems this is my 750th post. wont post for a day now.

OP
K

kuki_295

Journeyman
man you must have been mad to spend 16K for this Samsung, could have got Dell monitor :(, in them DVI cable is a must because all of the are DVI models

seems this is my 750th post. wont post for a day now.

well the shop guy here said he can't get dell monitors and even if he had it the SP2208WFP would cost about 18-20K

OP
K

kuki_295

Journeyman
naah the monitor costs 16.5K + 4% VAT, they had told me shipping charges are included in this.

dell i asked the local shop(from where bought t220) about price of dell 24" he said it would cost around 25k and website price was 21k. so i thought that they will charge more for 22" also.

sashijoseph

In the zone
Hell...you could have bought a Benq (Full HD!!) 22" for 13.5k...the only 22 incher with full HD.
Anyways enjoy what you have...and too bad about the dead pixel.How many dp's for warranty?

imgame2

Padawan
Hell...you could have bought a Benq (Full HD!!) 22" for 13.5k...the only 22 incher with full HD.
Anyways enjoy what you have...and too bad about the dead pixel.How many dp's for warranty?

actually dell has also launched a monitor 22" S2209W

*accessories.dell.com/sna/products/Displays/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=corp&sku=320-7438

but sadly not yet available india ..i just hope it doesn't cost insane 20k when it comes to india ...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom