No download, please HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delpiero

Journeyman
Whenever i try to download something from XXXXXXXX.com(not a site) using download managers like Net transport, Flashget, DAP etc. i get an Http error in all of them. But i can download the files using the default download method. But i cannot resume the downloads that way. Is there any way that i can resume the downloads. Is there any such software. That site is a reputed site and i think due to privacy reasons they don't allow Dwld. managers to work. Please Help me.

SmoothCriminal

In the zone
dude there's no harm in givin the site name here unless its an illegal site.. anyway.. lets me consider ithat ur site is downoads.com.. in that site and many other sites, they block the real URL so that their links are not stolen n hereby saving their bandwidth..

the reason is the download link usually goes to a script that redirects to the actual program file.. so.. try n go tp the software's home page and download from there..

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Hmm.. Set your download manager to identify as a browser .. In Mass Downloader , set the User Agent to MSIE Compatible ..

OP
D

Delpiero

Journeyman
it_waaznt_me said:
Hmm.. Set your download manager to identify as a browser .. In Mass Downloader , set the User Agent to MSIE Compatible ..
Thanks a lot to it_waaznt_me for this, now i can resume my downloads and the speeds are good too!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom