No display

Status
Not open for further replies.

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
Last eve pc was working fine, i had a good session with HL2. When i switched it back on during midnight there was this beep sound "peeeeep peep peep peep" there was no display but then i cud make out the OS is getting loaded with the LED blinking. Pls sugest as to wat cud have possibly go wrong.

Last edited:

Stalker

Padawan
^^if u use a video card, remove it & reseat it in the gfx slot.........
make sure all cables are tight, no pci component has come loose......

If u use onboard, check whether the monitor cable is fixed properly, otherwise call a technician

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
Long beeps seems to be some mem problem. If it was the GFX isuue then the green light won't glow nd PC wont be started.
If u hve more thn one ram stick try one at a time nd see if it boots..

OP
sysfilez

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
My config is:
Asus A8N-E mobo Bios upgraded to 1013,AMD Athlon 3500+, Nvidia XFX 7600GS Xtreme Ed., Transcend 512Mb 400mhz Ram, 160 gb SataII, Antec Sonata with True power 380w, Pinnacle 50i TV Tuner card, Creative SB Live 5.1DE, Creative 5.1., LG DRDRW.
I bought my pc 2 months back when i assembled it i faced this similar problem 1 long beep and then 3 short beeps. after few tries de prob vanished mysteriously and my pc was working fine. two days back when i switched it on i faced this same problem 1 long beep and then 3 short beeps, there was no display. I have cheked the ram at my office and its working fine. wat else cud be the problem. pls help

Stalker

Padawan
^^have u tried to remove and reinset ur 7600GS in the gfx slot???
usually, 1 long beep & two short beeps indicate a video problem
continuous beeping --- memory problem

blademast3r

In the zone
Remove your grafix card try connectin to onboard mobo graphics slot..If ur sys runs, its time to run after warranty and stuff...u cud also try cleanin the graphics card pins with a pencil eraser....worked for me the last time smthin similar happened...Try the same with your ram too...

Vyasram

The pWnster
my frnd had one f'ed up system after installing pirated hl2.

no probs for me though

mostly the prob will be in memory, use a replacement and see

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@tech_mastermind
what...pirated softies causing h/w problems...what ru u talkinbout...how could pirated HL2 make the system unbootable even to bios??????

OP
sysfilez

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
tech_mastermind said:
@sysfilez: Mostly this happens with pirated copies.Do you have pirated half life 2 ?
u made me laugh. i have a pirated ver of HL2 but i have original Dr. Breen
i am facing a 1 long beep and after that 3 beeps in quick succession, i have opened my gpu and reseated it, no solution. i cheked it other ddr modules, no solution. its either de mobo or the gpu, just have to find out which one.

Last edited:

Third Eye

gooby pls
aravind_n20 said:
@tech_mastermind
what...pirated softies causing h/w problems...what ru u talkinbout...how could pirated HL2 make the system unbootable even to bios??????

coz my friend is facing the same problem with his pirated copy..

sysfilez said:
u made me laugh. i have a pirated ver of HL2 but i have original Dr. Breen
i am facing a 1 long beep and after that 3 beeps in quick succession, i have opened my gpu and reseated it, no solution. i cheked it other ddr modules, no solution. its either de mobo or the gpu, just have to find out which one.

You made me laugh man by saying "get back your batista avatar"

Last edited:

dOm1naTOr

Wise Old Owl
@tech_mastermind
How could be it??Even ive finished the game on my older PC as well as the new one nd almost all my friends has done the same with those pirated. How its gonna affect the h/w nyway????
Maybe some s/w can make windows hang up like the riva tuner or CBID nd all. But no way any s/w could make PC make long beeps at post check.

Stalker

Padawan
@tech_mastermind
hl2 causes problems when one tries to use an unsupported gfx card like TNT2, 845, 865 etc.....
but that does not make the system unbootable....

OP
sysfilez

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
anyway i have cheked the ram, gpu at my friends place and both the stuffs are working fine in his pc. i am sending my mobo to asus service centre, probably its the culprit. keeping my fingers crossed now.
tnx 2 everybody 4 helping me out.

OP
sysfilez

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
hey i gotmy mobo back, and guess wat the problem wasn't there either. its the dvi connector of the GPU. here in kolkata one of my friend is friendly to xfx distributors, and de distributor said that there is a prob with these connectors. anyway i m noying my pc now. tnx for all the support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom