no booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ishan

In the zone
when i start my pc, it doesn't gives a beep and the sysem doesn't boots.
However my processor fan is working fine, even the power lights are remaining on.
i have checked all the connections, and even have checked out for Ram problem. But all in vein. What should I do??

khansdream

Journeyman
There is, of course, no problem with RAM bcoz system beeps three times times consecutively if any problem occurs with ram.

Check if ur ide connection is okay and please check if on-board speaker is fine.
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

khansdream

Journeyman
Its MoBo problem, and to troubleshoot a problem in MoBo requires several things to find out.

First, to check your on-board speaker and Ram. Switch off mains and Remove Ram modules from Slot and then switch on ur system, u should get three beeps. If u are getting 3 beeps, that means atleast ur Ram and on-board speaker is okay.

Secondly, check if your HDD LED is blinking continuesly. If yes, that means there is problem with connections of HDD.

Try the above mentioned remedy and tell me what happend. Good Luck.

sakumar79

Technomancer
1. How old is the system?
2. What are the system specifications?
3. Open the case and switch on the system... See if the Harddisk comes on (you can touch it to feel the components' rotation or you may even hear a low whirring sound)
4. Have a technician look at both motherboard and CPU. Motherboard may have developped bad capacitors or CPU may be dead...
5. If you have Win 2k/XP and your motherboard is faulty, try to replace with a similar model because of the system configuration... (otherwise, you may have to boot in safe mode and install new drivers)
6. Connect your Hard disk as a secondary to another computer and see if you can access it and if necessary, take backup of important files...
7. Verify if SMPS has sufficient capability to power all components (if you have additional cards such as gfx, audio, lan cards, and also for USB devices that power on through computers' USB port, you will be providing power thru SMPS)

Arun

thetopcyborg

Journeyman
try to reconnect ur IDE cable of the hDD and the motherboard....it worked for me....but when i had a loose connection, my PC wud be stuck at the BIOS screen

OP
Ishan

Ishan

In the zone
i am having exam of BITSAT. so i'll not be able to do all this now. I'll contact u all on 6th of this month.

black_hawk

Broken In
The Same Problem Came up With Me Also.

I took it to some techie locally and within seconds they repaired it. I mean no soldering, no bad caps, not burns nothing of that sorts. They just pinned the red wire of the CRO somewhere near the PCI Slots and there after the problem solved.

The problem for Ishan is ND :NO DISPLAY:

If any of you guys know what that techie did and where he touch the mobo with the CROs red wire and how ??? Do Post Up (I tried to ask the service men about it but they refuesed to tell.)

OP
Ishan

Ishan

In the zone
Its oK guys..that problem is now no more as i formatted my pC and installed Win Xp in C: drive.. BUt now what happens is everytime I start my Pc it asks for selecting the boot drive and restart afer that...But nothing else is shown..even the drives are not shown so where to select from.

So when I restart it again just after see ing the error my pc starts fine..and Win XP is loaded perfectly..But again when i restart the same error.. so i restart again and Xp loads perfectly...In this my PC starts perfectly in alternate restarts...

thetopcyborg

Journeyman
but better get ur PC checked by a techie as it MAY even lead to damage to ur mobo
aren't u frustrated at ur PC working at alternate restarts?????

Chirag

Cyborg Agent
It happened with me 2-3 times b4. 1st time I changed the slot of RAM many times and after 10-15 times it started working.

2nd time it again happened I called my vendor he changed the smps and my system started working.

OP
Ishan

Ishan

In the zone
But i have changed my smps just few days b4........
also my processor fan is working fine... mother board light is running...then How can there be problem in SMPS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom