nned help, cpu overheating nothing helps so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

EeshDewan

Right off the assembly line
I have an intel 2.80 with ht technology on an intel original 865gbf motherboard. idle cpu temp is 45-50 degreesC and when gaming the temp last touched 81 degreesC. i have now applied the coolermaster thremal paste and have added another fan to pull air into the cabinet, but still the problem persists.

the cpu also restarts or hangs or switches off automatically randomly, sometimes after 10 minutes and sometimes after 2 hours. i have even tried removing the cabinet side panel, but still the temp drop is of hardly 5 degrees.

also sometimes the computer does not start up and the monitor light keeps blinking. i can at times hear the hdd spinning, but the computer does not boot up, it does not even beep.

I have tried by replacing the PSU, ram and video card which is a Geforce 4 MX440.

any ideas as to how i get the computer to work in a cool manner and avoid all the restarting and hanging problems

I

invisible

81 is too much

First always run the computer in open air by opening the cabinet.

Then make sure that u open these sites

*forums.hardwaresecrets.com/showthread.php?t=975
*hardwaresecrets.com/article/274

U shud use make sure that the cooling mechanism in the cabinet is effective.

for that first make sure that SMPS fan is working correct to remove the hotair out effectively.

If thats a prescott processor then there is nothing wrong with the CPU. Just try out a OMNI Flow cabinet the one which has a side fan but it should blow air directly on the cpu rather than take out air from inside the cabinet. Try this and ur pc should run 10-15% cooler may be 20 % too.

Or
keep a small table fan running with cabinet open directing towards the processor (cheapest solution)

shashank4u

Youngling
try replacing the processor fan , ive also the same procesor and motherboard, can u tell me which game u were playin when this happpens or it happens with all games.

madman123

Broken In
it is possible that either ur processor overheats due to some problem with the mobo, or that the temperature sensor is broken. in either case, try reseting the bios setting that allows u to control at what temperature the computer should react. If it is truely only the sensor...try turning of the warning completely

OP
E

EeshDewan

the games i am playing

need for speed underground and need for speed underground 2, call of duty, doom3

OP
E

EeshDewan

new heat record, maybe

hi, just now checked the temp before my computer shut down automatically, 120 degrees celsius. now, should i sell my setup or is there something that i can do.

mangemayur

Journeyman
EeshDewan.. have u tried wht "invisible" had told u to do so.. even i have a prescott 3.0GHz... even that used to heat up ... but proper vantilation (the blades of my cooler were covere with thick layer of dust) did solved the problem
finally i changed the heatsink only for the noise problem but i think for you the major problem can be poor vantilation or NO or Bad heatsink compound.. read another post [POLL] Worth of Thermal Compounds:Which is the best one ??? for more detail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom