Nintendo Revolution Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sourabh

Laptoping
Nintendo 'Revolution' to take place mid-2006

Nintendo's Revolution console, its answer to the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, will ship mid-2006, a component supplier has revealed.

Everyone knows IBM is supplying Nintendo with processor technology, while ATI is contributing Revolution's graphics engine. Less well known is MoSys - aka Monolithic Systems - which provides the console's embedded memory, via NEC.

Read More: The Register

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
yes i read abt it a month ago,also mentioned abt it in the xbox discussion topic, looks like the nexgen console revolution is heating up.

OP
Sourabh

Sourabh

Laptoping
started the thread to discuss it exclusively :p

i guess thts all we can do drool and discuss abt it, buying one wont be a reality anytime soon

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
The Electronics Entertainment Expo 2005 is still days away, but that hasn't stopped Microsoft from debuting its Xbox 360 console on MTV. And now Nintendo has followed suit, revealing some new, meaty details about its next-generation console, codenamed Revolution.

In a recent New York Times article, Nintendo of America's vice president of corporate affairs Perrin Kaplan describes the console as "very, very sleek." The system, which is reportedly tiny, will stand horizontally. Its width will reportedly be no more than three DVD cases stacked flatly on each other, or slightly more than an inch. That makes the console theoretically smaller than Apple's recently released Mac Mini computer.

Source and full story: *cube.ign.com/articles/613/613340p1.html

Pretty quick response from Nintendo I must say!! E3 is gonna be amazing. PS3 unveling is on the 16th. Hang on fellas!! :p

PS: Changing the topic name to Nintendo Revolution Discussion :D

OP
Sourabh

Sourabh

Laptoping
Rumours abt the specs and other details for Nintendo Revolution

Expected launch: Mid-2006

Specs: The console will boast four 2.5Ghz IBM G5 Custom cores, with 128KB of level 1 cache and a 512KB shared level 2 cache, while the graphics will be powered by a dual core ATI RN520 chipset, with 16MB of on-board eDRAM for the frame buffer. 1T-SRAM embedded memory based on advanced 90nm process.

Source

devilhead_satish

In the zone
Oi Nemesis. Tell you what. Take a good quality digital camera for hire. Pack your bags and zip of to the E3. Am telling you this cos u i suppose are the only one living in the US of A

OP
Sourabh

Sourabh

Laptoping
He is returning indian and wod be back to him house in Mumbai on Monday 02:00 am

he has his vacations :p

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Check this for some dope on Revoluion, possibly a video of the console itself. Just see the screenie on the page and guess if thats the real thing!

OP
Sourabh

Sourabh

Laptoping
New details regarding Nintendo's next-generation console, codenamed Revolution, have started to sprinkle onto the Internet. The machine, which will be revealed during Nintendo's pre-E3 2005 show on Tuesday morning in Los Angeles, will sport a slick, black design and a front blue light.

Read More/Source: IGN
Revolution Pics: IGN
Hi-Res Pics: IGN

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Revolution Images on gamespy(click to enlarge)

*media.ign.com/thumb/112/1122353/revolution-unveiled-20050517081332940_thumb.jpg

*media.ign.com/thumb/112/1122354/revolution-unveiled-20050517081338987_thumb.jpg

*media.ign.com/thumb/112/1122355/revolution-unveiled-20050517081622560_thumb.jpg

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Hehe a little late here. But Satish, E3 is not open to the public. You think I wouldn't have flown off to LA if they allowed the general public? :p

The Revolution looks sweet!!! And they say the final console will be even smaller than what they showed at E3 yesterday. Visit cube.ign.com for more articles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom