Nintendo Revltion Section [ Queries here ]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charley

Just Do It
Will the hardcore gamers, be alienated by nintendo...

Seriously though, Nintnedo's new focus is to gain new gamers and gamers who quit playing. I don't like a single game on that system. Yea, Metroid and Mario Kart and Advance Wars will rock, but for the most part they are focusing on "new" games like Puppy Times, Jam with the Band, and Electroplankton.

Yea, innovation is great... if they make games that everyone enjoys on it.

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

Arachnid

Broken In
OK. But i still didnt understand what were you trying to tell us?
Which system? NES, SNES, N64, GB, GBC, GBA, GBASP, GC? (did i miss anything? oh yeah...they started off making cards didnt they?)

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
The guy is trying to talk about the Revolution, Nintendo's answer to the PS3 and the XBox 2. He just forgot one important game called "Starcraft: Ghost" (Yeah, they skipped the current gen consoles) but what I was wondering was - how many people here have an NGC to even consider the Revolution.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
Well, Satoru Iwata, the President of Nintendo, refused to give details, but confirmed that the Revolution was indeed in the works. However, he has also said that unlike the PS3 and the XBox 2, the Revolution will not feature any new advanced hardware, but will be "synthesized" from existing hardware and improve them a bit, pretty much the same logic they followed with the DS.

He has said,

"I could give you our technical specs, as I'd know you'd like that, but I won't for a simple reason: they really don't matter. The time when horsepower alone made all the difference is over.

"Work on Revolution is well underway. When you see it you will be excited because you will experience a gaming revolution."

Rumors say that they are working on two systems, out of which, one will be final. System 1 allegedly featured a 2.7GHz PowerPC G5 processor, 512MBs of RAM, and a 600MHz graphics chip. System 2 allegedly featured dual 1.8GHz PowerPC G5 processors. 256MBS of DDR Main Memory RAM, 128MBS of GDDR3 Video RAM and a 500MHz graphics chip. Both systems allegedly featured a built in 15GB hard drive. Once again, these are only rumors.

There are confirmed reports from Nintendo that the Revolution will feature in a sneak-peek at this year's E3, along with the new GBA (which will feature analog controls like the PSP) They're also migrating the DS to be a PDA, after they licensed Palm OS technology for it, and tout it as a great PDA thats also capable of playing Nintendo 64 games. The DS will no longer be a plain gaming device, and early-adopters of the DS are already screaming at the company for their move.

Of course, Sony will be showcasing the PS3 much before the May E3, sometime this month. (Rumors say that Microsoft will also showcase the XBox 2 this month) This will most likely be at the GDC 2005, San Francisco, that's starting tomorrow (its being held from March 7-11). Keep your fingers crossed, for we may receive our first glimpses of the PS3 and the XBox 2 this week. To see the Revolution, however, you will have to wait until May this year and E3 2005, LA.

As for "leaked" screenshots, yes, these were the ones that were released at the Nintendo forums, but no confirmation on whether they're the real deal or not. I hope it doesn't look like this (looks like some chapati-maker at home :D)

*img123.exs.cx/img123/7851/86612249123776454ee.jpg

*img123.exs.cx/img123/272/88069142571799936oq.jpg

*img218.exs.cx/img218/7750/13762734051047163qn.jpg

*img218.exs.cx/img218/7256/18945674668342235ml.jpg

*img123.exs.cx/img123/8771/48452868741283866ld.jpg

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
ok...i think he was talkin abt Revolution as enoonmai said...even though as far as i know, there will b very ppl in India who own a GC. look, the Gc is fine...in some games, graphics dont match up to the other consoles...but then, it has mario and zelda...2 legendary games...

back 2 the revolution...it ihas been named revolution 4 a reason...they believe they will create a "revolution" with the gameplay experience offered by the revolution...very few details r available...and going by nintendo's history, they will either make a system that will truly revolutionize console gaming...or deliver a big flop....

btw, enoonmai, nice find...those images...but as u know, with these "leaked" pcitures...the final product is never like these "leaked" pix...

@Arachnid: you have returned after so many months dude...whazzup...y the long absence...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom