nikon digicam users read this....

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
all u ppl using nikon digicams ..... don make the mistake i made ... don plug the cam to the PC in ON state .... if ur cam is on and directly plugged to the PC ..... say bye bye to transferring pics thru the data cable ... i learnt the hard way ... i had a coolpix 2xxx series cam not sure abt the latest series ... if some1 cud experiment and let us all know whether nikon has rectified the problem

K

krazyfrog

So what exactly happens if you connect your Nikon digicam to your pc in ON state? Aren't digicams supposed to be connected to pc in ON state only?

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
well i took the cam to a guy (not nikon) he said tht nikon cams hav the problem of reverse current ... if they are on and u connect them the reverse current ruins the mobo .... and for repairing its around 7-8k

ps ur cam works normally, takes images and all u cant only transfer em thru the data cable

K

krazyfrog

Funny i haven't ever heard/read about this problem anywhere. Must be a problem with a few units. I don't think all Nikon cameras would be suffering from this problem. Even Digit who always include Nikon cameras in their camera tests never mentioned this problem.

OP
iMav

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
^^ thts wat i hav to do ... but i hav been told tht this problem has plagued most nikon cams ... not sure of the new L series .... but the older 1s 3000 series i hv been told tht they too are suffer from this problem

sourav237

Journeyman
i think first connect the cable wth comp then turn on the camera but don't connect the cable when the cam is on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom