ngage or ngage qd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

arclight

Broken In
can anyone pls help me out in deciding which mobile i should prefer, ngage or ngage qd? also pls tell the price of ngage (classic) in delhi.

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
N gage is no longer manufactured by nokia..., i believe u can get those in grey markets only.

N gage QD -->8k

geekhead83

Broken In
Here is the reply i had posted in one of the topics...

N-gage rocks...I have one since 3 months and am just not tired ofit.

Plays mp3's(trust me, the quality is so superb, u dont need an mp3 player, besides i have 512mb ram, so have 100 mmp3s on it).

Plays movies...(yeah, .avi movies...its cool)

3d games...(virtua tennis is cool, asphalt urbant gt is superb, gives nfs a run for its money.....not actually, but u get the point!.......also u have fifa 2005, sonic etc etc)

fm tuner...nice quality.

trust me, u wont get bored with it.
only hitch is that u'll have to get it from the grey market (8.5k...i bought it for)

QD sucks...coz it has mono sound, no fm tuner, no usb...and it is overprices (10+ k...with bill n warranty).

N-gage is truly.....neighbours envy, owners pride.

hope this helps.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Ngage ! No two ways abt it if you can stand the side talking. ;) The QD doesnt suck totally but the reduced feature set make it less than a good value proposition.

drgrudge

1. There are thrid party softwares to play mp3 and also FM reciever in ur N gage QD. And of cource that's not as good as a mp3 player or a mp3 playback phone.

2. Also N gage is dubbed as "elephant ear" beacuse of it's bulky size.

3. Nokia no longer manufactures N gage , because of some issues.
So the mob u get may be a old stock or a grey market piece or even a used one.

So it's better that u get a N gage QD. And gosh this a old thread!

geekhead83

Broken In
he he...ya ...this is an old thread.
Its just that my passion for the n-gage made me reply to this thread.

Actually this discussion is heading the same way as the one in the general section is.
So no point in me copy pasting that post of mine again !

chinmay

Journeyman
QD rocks ngage sux.....

Hey dude .....dun even think b4 buyin qd....its thousand times better....the only thing u lack is stereo sound(i m not sure if its there in old ngage also) n fm....besides wt u get in qd is lot more portability n u dun look like n ass****(sorry...i know i m breakin forum rule) talkin in ngage's weird style.....buttons r also tackier n more ergonomic......i feel software is also better in terms of speed n all(i hv used both of them)...the only problem with qd is dat da rubber coverin its border will come off soon....bt u cn gt it chngd for free in ne nokia care center in india( i got it chngd twice)...theres no difference in gamin experience....well dude if u r not a gamin buff i'l suges u to buy 6600...i feel its a much better thingie n got da best value 4 money in nokia phones....cia

anispace

dattebayo
u cant install fm tuner on qd. Avec radio requires GPRS so u can only listen to internet radio.

and yes ngage has stereo sound and u can also record songs from your tv or music system directly on ur ngage in AAC format.U can also use any headphones u want using the mini to micro convertor provided with the phone.

S

spykids_666

N-gage QD SUX

hey dude,

Just believe me BUY n-gage, the QD version is a real SUCKER. i have the QD version and it is nothing compared to the N-gage (classic).

QD does not have stereo Mp3 player.
QD does not have FM and you cannot install it.
in QD there ia a strap around the mobile which will easily get loose and you will have to buy another one (original price will not be less then 200-300).

where as there is a stereo MP3 player FM and No strap.

BELIEVE ME GO FOR N-GAGE. AND NOT FOR THE QD VERSION

drgrudge

anispace said:
u cant install fm tuner on qd. Avec radio requires GPRS so u can only listen to internet radio.
Why sir? Why cant it install? Can u tell me? Have u tried it?

spykids_666 said:
BELIEVE ME GO FOR N-GAGE. AND NOT FOR THE QD VERSION
Hmmm... nokia no longer manufactured N gage, so all the sets are old stocks in grey market. Also it costs 9k whereas N gage QD costs 8k in nokia shops with bill.

anispace

dattebayo
i havnt tried avec radio but i dont think u can listen to radio city, radio mirchi...... on it, can u?

yes this argument is anyways old.I dont think u will find the original n-gage anymore.

drgrudge

Yes u cant listen to desi channels. It's a GPRS based. But u said we cant install...

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
well i myself wanted to buy a ngage or a Qd
because i needed a MP3 player and a new cell as well
Ngage is a good option but then my friend has one
he recently added a 512mb MMC card tried a 1gb card but it wont work with it and the 512mb Card works but makes the phone real damn slow
so asked a few people they say Qd supports 1 gb
but then these days a Cam in ur phone is "IN"
so me a bit confused myself
other thing nagage has fm and qd doesnt
for the Qd u need to install a proggy to play mp3's
n gage has the Mp3 player in built and also has Fm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom