NFSMW installation prob HELP!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyborg47

Technomancer
*img186.imageshack.us/img186/4199/mxxptf3.th.jpg
this is the prob i face when i try to install NFSMW, plz help, its my fav game!!!!

Pathik

Google Bot
wat version of dxdiag do u hav installed??? get dx9.0c from that link given....
btw i think it shd be given in the game cd....
btw wats that splinter cell no-cd c**** doin on ur desktop??? :p :p

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
so download the DX9c update.

if even after updated DX9c, you get the same error, then just Copy all the contents of GAME DVD to a local folder, then delete the DirectX folder & Install the Game:wink:

Last edited:

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Goto the website provided in the window and download install the latest Direct X drivers.

@pathiks You can find many things on his desktop like the c**** and Ke***** which suggests that....:p

OP
cyborg47

cyborg47

Technomancer
thanx for the immediate replies dudes, @pathiks - Every time i launch the splinter cell game, it asks for the CD, thats why i've downloaded the nocd crack. I've used no vista transformation pack, its just a theme and some editiing done according to VG's tut.

Last edited:

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
run DXDIAG in "run" window & see if sumthin's missing.

btw does this problm occur for only MW?
& do you have any other NFS title installed on your system.

for me NFS U does not install when i have NFS MW, well talk about EA Bugs:D:D:D

& do run a good Registry Cleaner (tuneUp Utilities 07) & keep the HDD clean using CCleaner.:wink:

T

thunderbird.117

Download this :-

*download.microsoft.com/download/1/7/1/1718ccc4-6315-4d8e-9543-8e28a4e18c4c/dxwebsetup.exe

Let me know thank you.

OP
cyborg47

cyborg47

Technomancer
@pathiks, dude, i already have very latest Dx installed, previously installed MW and forgot the installation and i thought you people might help

paraman

Journeyman
This is the solution and it works:

1. Copy all the installation dvd or cd files to your hdd.
2. Set your autorun.exe compatibility mode to Windows 2000
3. Open /Autorun/autorun.cfg in Notepad and set the value of "directx version" from 9.0c to 0. This is very important, since NFS MW runs only on some earlier directx 9c version and refuses to install on the later directx 9.0c versions
4. Now run autorun.exe...it should install properly now

Let me know whether it works out for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom