NFS MOST WANTED. Most wanted help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

phreak0ut

The Thread Killer >:)
Hi guys!! I've got a really strange problem. I recently bought a copy of NFS MW. The installation went smooth. But, when I run the game, I just get a pointer and nothing happens. I tried the EAsy Info to find the information. I was shocked to see that it shows that my processor speed as a mere 994MHz!! I think its not running because of this. I've tried re-installing, installing service packs and all the drivers are upto date.

Here are my specs of my system:
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ on MSI-RS480M2
512 MB DDR @ 400MHz
160GB Seagate SATA HDD
Windows XP Professional (WITHOUT service packs)

Please help me out guys!!!

adit_sen

In the zone
my roommate here runs the game on the exact same pc config, except for the fact that his winxp has sp2. so i dunno if thats what's causing it. so i guess u cud try installing sp2 and then running the game, as that seems to be the only diff between your config and the pc here...

peace...
aditya

OP
phreak0ut

phreak0ut

Kniwor said:
u got Cool n Quiet enabled??
u got the right drivers??

Yes, Cool 'n' Quite is enabled and all the drivers are upto date. Also, I am not able to get my hands on SP2 as of yet. Hope it works if I install it. Will check it out. Lets see. Thanks for the replies guys, but if you manage to get better or exact solutions to the problem, plz post it here.

Till then,
Peace!

ashfame

Padawan
MINIMUM SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
===========================
Windows 2000 Professional, Windows XP Professional,
or Windows XP Home operating system
Intel Pentium 4 (or equivalent) CPU running at 1.4GHz or higher <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<NOTE THIS
32MB DirectX 9.0c compatible video card (Geforce2 MX or higher) using a
supported chipset (see below)
256 MB RAM
DirectX compatible sound card
3 GB of HD space
8X CD-ROM

Last edited:
OP
phreak0ut

phreak0ut

@Ashfame
Thanks a lot for letting me know about the min. system configuration. My system meets the min. system requirements.

@Virus
Well, I had got SP1 installed, due to some problems, I had to reload XP, later I did not get my hands on SPs as the CDs are not available to me. I had borrowed it from my friend.

Please come out with a solution guys, I dont want my precious investment to go down the drain.

VD17

Journeyman
One more thing.. do you wait long enough?? heh.. my friend runs NFS:MW and it stays on the blank pointer screen for a good 4 minutes or something.. although after that the game runs pretty smoothly... but the waiting part is pretty annoying.

vandit

In the zone
hey also disable currently running programs such as nokia phone manager or other ones like winzip qiuck pick etc. maybe this would help. Also install Dx 9.0b if you haven't already......

Kniwor

Learner
phreak0utt said:
@Ashfame
Thanks a lot for letting me know about the min. system configuration. My system meets the min. system requirements.

@Virus
Well, I had got SP1 installed, due to some problems, I had to reload XP, later I did not get my hands on SPs as the CDs are not available to me. I had borrowed it from my friend.

Please come out with a solution guys, I dont want my precious investment to go down the drain.

READ .....

i said disable cool n quiet....
did u do that...
and if u did and still did not work... u should be posting this back to me....

OP
phreak0ut

phreak0ut

Hi there!
Sorry guys, didn't post any replies for such a long time. Was very very busy. Well, the problem persists even after installing all the latest drivers and the service packs. I really don't know what's happening. Please please help me out guys!!! Tried disabling cool 'n' quiet as well, no use.

@VD17, I'll try out with what you have told. I think it might be the same problem with mine. So, i'll try to keep it running till tries to start. Hope it works out. Thanks a lot for the replies and keep posting if u get better solutions.

bye!

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
Cool and quiet automatically adjusts your processor speed based on load, during normal times like watching movies etc, it'll run at a much slower speed than when you play games. Cool and quiet is not the issue here and Easy Info is displaying the correct result as well. give it a bit of time, it shuld start up

OP
phreak0ut

phreak0ut

I gave it a lot of time. 20 mins to be precise, but still its not working. I changed the settings whatever u guys have suggested. I don't want to lose my money for some silly problem. Please come out with a solution guys. I think I'll be contacting EA games if it doesn't work one more time.

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
u dont need any sp2's for that . easy info is trash , dont trust it.
Install that dx9c given with the nfsmw . it wanst working for me untill i installed that . i think its some newer version or something . do that . Yes , reinstall dx9c from nfsmw CD and then try.

For ur config, it shud run fine . ifu have time , install XP on another drive ( if u hav space ) and try nfsmw on that.

OP
phreak0ut

phreak0ut

I've got the latest version of directX, so i think there's no prob with that. I'll check out with that again anyway. But, I don't have the time and space to install windows xp again on another drive :(

spikygv

Wise Old Owl
i'm sorry . i dint get ur graphics card ? which is it ??

anyway , try reinstalling dx9c form the nfsmw disc.
You seem to hav a strange problem . DOes underground2 work properly ??
how do other games behave . try reading the readme , it may hav something to say special to ur card. if all fails , get the latest patch and update it from teh nfs site . to make sure that ur disc isnt faulty (highly unlikely ) , try using it in another system .another crazy thing i thought , try using 3danalyse and bypass some of those hardware tests.

Get back with the results. Lets see wats the problem .

OP
phreak0ut

phreak0ut

sagargv said:
i'm sorry . i dint get ur graphics card ? which is it ??

anyway , try reinstalling dx9c form the nfsmw disc.
You seem to hav a strange problem . DOes underground2 work properly ??
how do other games behave . try reading the readme , it may hav something to say special to ur card. if all fails , get the latest patch and update it from teh nfs site . to make sure that ur disc isnt faulty (highly unlikely ) , try using it in another system .another crazy thing i thought , try using 3danalyse and bypass some of those hardware tests.

Get back with the results. Lets see wats the problem .

Its an onboard graphics card. Its an ATI Radeon Xpress 200 64MB. Well, nothing has worked. Its useless, honestly. Thanks to all the guys who posted here. In case you do find a solution, please PM me. Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom