 MacManiac
The only game that I play is Need For Speed 3: Hot pursuit, but the

problem is that even after I install it on my harddisk it asks me to

pop in the installation CD whenever I want to play it. Kindly let me

know if there is any tweak that will let me play the games without

having to put in the CD everytime I want the play the game

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
The game checks for the legality of your game before you load it. Which means, that it requires the original install disc to be inserted everytime you want to play the game. If you dont own a legal version of the game, then we cant help you. However, if you own a legal copy, you can look online for software that will save you the bother of reaching for your shelf and the game CD everytime you wanna play the game.

bharathbala2003

why need title?
@darth u got it a lille wrong :D he is jus giving a patch.. and it will work with both legal and illegal copies...

but then @enoonmai..

Rules: This is a place where members can discuss games, cheats, walkthroughs and most importantly, their own reviews of games that they own.
Remember, no talk of cracking games, or where to illegally download full versions, etc., will be entertained here.

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
I know, but if I pay for the game, I am entitled to back it up. :D Plus, I dont wanna go through the entire shelf, search for the box, open the case, put the CD in, close the tray, launch the game, etc. :D

But I get the point, some guys would happily download the files and make their copies work. :D So I edited the post. Wasn't thinking straight I guess. :D Thanks guys, I guess I'm a little slower than usual today. :lol:

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
I think then too it will ask for the original CD. Most of the games that I have tried have issues with mounting tools. Its mostly mentioned in there "readme" files that may not be compatible with these utilities. Maybe NFS3 being an old title, wont have such feature and this may work as well.

Darthvader

Back From Deathstar
YA u got that right only brand new games check for drive emulators.
Anyway Bond if u have an original version u can make an image with any cd writing tool and then mount it with the number of softwrare on the net...........................................cant tell any more

bharathbala2003

why need title?
jamesbond007 said:
What is an image ? and how do I go about creating an image ?

an image is a copy of the cd in ya HDD.. like it is in .ISO format and it needs to b undisked using a s/w like these u can also write these images to your CD using nero express ( tats da only one i use ) so that a replica of the cd is created.. its like goin n makin a duplicate key 4 ur lock..

OP
jamesbond007

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
OK fine what you guys are telling me is that using the installation CD of nfs3 I create an image of it and mount it on my harddisk!! . I shall try this today and see if it solves my prob which ofcourse is to run the game without having to put in the CD everytime I need to play it.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
jamesbond007 said:
OK fine what you guys are telling me is that using the installation CD of nfs3 I create an image of it and mount it on my harddisk!! . I shall try this today and see if it solves my prob which ofcourse is to run the game without having to put in the CD everytime I need to play it.

Well if its the original copy of the Game then definetly can be backed up for playin by use of Virtual Drives (provided that they are not copy-paste materials)......u can as well try Cd space for creating an Lcd image of ur disc and its darn simple to use.....drawback well the Limited trial version of 30 days :cry:
www.tucows.com/preview/377902.html

bharathbala2003

why need title?
@sentinel i dont think thats the best option :D he said clearly he plays only nfs3.. and he has prob in it.. so try helpin him if u can..

OP
jamesbond007

jamesbond007

 MacManiac
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!

Thanx guys all of you have helped me solve my prob, I enquired about nfs underground 2 ,but it has not yet arrived in my town , but nfs3 is my all time fav game.......
The posts by bharathbala2003, allwyndlima and Dr Varun Mehta were really helped me in not just solving nfs3 prob but opened the door for whole lot of new thing ........ Thanx a ton for that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom