NEWS: NOD32 v2.7 Release Candidate 1 (v2.70.12) Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
WHAT'S NEW:

This release contains the following changes from the previous beta test release version (v2.70.09):

* Fixed issue with NOD32 On-Demand Scanner closing under Windows Vista
* Fixed issue with IMON that prevented Scheduler services from starting under Windows Vista
* In the Access Monitor (AMON) module, there is now one option for moving infected files to quarantine

Other small changes may appear as well in the user interface and online help.
More info & Download
Source

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
I don't have the luxury of Internet at home nydays (Yeah I know I don't need an AV then)... so when I install Nod32 I can't register it online nd update ... do we have some stand alone files which I may put on my USB and run on my machine at home to update the Virus Definitions for Nod32

blackpearl

The Devil
The trial version of NOD32 sucks. You don't get incremental updates just one major update which is released maybe once every 6 months or so.

I installed NOD32 today. My virus defination is dated June 23, 2006. If I try to update it says my virus defination is upto date, but when I seatched on their website I found the latest update was released on 10th Nov. Searching through some forum I found out that incremental updates are disabled in the trial version. The main virus def database is dated at June 23. The rest are incremental updates which are unavailable for the trial version. We will have to wait till they update their main database. The incremental updates are available only by giving a username and password.

This really sucks!!

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
^^ You certainly have the wrong info. The trial version DOES have incrimental updates. Its just that right now they have issued a major update so some ppl are having some problems updating. Things should be normal in a day or 2.

blackpearl

The Devil
kalpik said:
^^ You certainly have the wrong info. The trial version DOES have incrimental updates. Its just that right now they have issued a major update so some ppl are having some problems updating. Things should be normal in a day or 2.

I hope thats true, coz I liked NOD32. Are you sure its a temporary problem?
Whats your virus def date right now?

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
Thanks Vishal. Good to hear that they fixed issues relating to Vista compatibility. This was quick than expected. :)

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
blackpearl said:
You don't get incremental updates just one major update which is released maybe once every 6 months or so.
thats not true ..

Press> Setup &
Try different server

*img205.imageshack.us/img205/5430/nod3212nov06pa3.jpg

blackpearl

The Devil
darn!! I was so convinced that incremental updates are not available for the trial version (actually some guy wrote that in that same forum *www.wilderssecurity.com/) that I uninstalled it and installed Antivir.

AntiVir isn't bad actually, but the annoying thing is even after downloading the latest version, its going to expire on 28th Feb 2007, even the free version. After that you have to download again. Now that sucks too.

Going back to Nod32. :)

blackpearl

The Devil
Hey, I m still not able to update my virus defination. What could be the problem? I m using the trial version 2.5. Anybody facing the same problm?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom