NEWS: New "Games for Windows" Vista announced!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Just in from the Games Convention Microsoft press conference - Vista will have "more games in more genres than any other game platform out there," Rich Wickham (Games for Windows) claims. Flight Sim X, Halo 2, Age of Empires 3 expansion, Zoo Tycoon 2 expansion, Lego Star Wars II, Broken Sword, Lord of the Rings: Shadow of Angmar, Lord of the Rings Online, Rail Simulator, Alan Wake, Hellgate, Shadowrun, Crysis, Age of Conan, will be available on Vista.

That's a fair amount of games announced for the new Microsoft OS, Windows Vista, scheduled for release in early 2007. A reasonable amount of these games will be available before Vista's launch, and therefore won't just be Vista only games.

Link: Microsoft's GC press conference

Source: Neowin News

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Since Vista is not released on schedule!!! Atleast the Games are available on time.
Ofcourse you need a powerful PC 3 GHz or higher, 1 GB RAM, Very good Graphics card
to play Games in Vista!! Otherwise Games won't run, they will walk like a tortoise!!

borg

In the zone
JGuru, give them credit where its due. Atleast games ARE available. And they are pretty awesome too. Just ask any flight sim enthusiast about what he thinks about Flight Simulator X. Delayed or not, Vista is going to be great for gamers. Can't say the same thing about Linux.

Sykora

I see right through you.
@ JGuru
Actually, Games should be able to run quite fast on Vista. The reason for this is that Vista turns off unnecessary services when it detects that you are playing games, freeing up system resources. Thus the game might take a bit longer to load, but it won't be so slow.

@borg
Have you played Unreal Tournament on Linux? Granted, there aren't many _good_ games for linux, but the number is rising, Especially with projects like Cedega and WineX. Also with the rise of MMORPGs, platform is becoming less important.

Sykora

I see right through you.
I really don't think they'll come with Vista, that'd push the price up over the clouds.

magnet

Youngling
Guys goin for major upgrade now........dont go for graphic card now...as dx10 is required for major stuffs of vista which too releasing next year

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
Stalker said:
why does halo2 require vista??? its an xbox game and should work fine on xp.....right??
Thats something called as the 'Vista experience' ;)

Since Halo 2 is why Xbox exists, they think to do the same with Vista and force people buy that.

borg

In the zone
@Sykora
Yep, I know about those games available for Linux. More hype than anything. Tried playing doom three, quake 4 on Linux . It was hopeless. I don't want to go through that much hassle just to play a game. I am sure most people wouldn't want to do that either. Linux is ages behind Windows in gaming. And it is just going to get far worse for Linux after vista comes out. It is said, but it is the truth.

the next year will be great for flight simulator fans as well as halo fans who do not own an xbox. flight simulator 10 is awesome. I'm a long time flight simulator fan. I can't wait to get my hands on flight simulator 10. Not to forget halo 2. It's going to be an exciting 2007. Windows vista will rock!!!

Last edited:

supersaiyan

In the zone
Stalker said:
why does halo2 require vista??? its an xbox game and should work fine on xp.....right??

HALO 2!! HALO 2!!! YAHOOOO!!!. ok back to normal. yaar its a marketing strategy. u know how famous halo is!!

Stalker

Padawan
supersaiyan said:
HALO 2!! HALO 2!!! YAHOOOO!!!. ok back to normal. yaar its a marketing strategy. u know how famous halo is!!

got an idea.................lets SUE Microsoft!!! :D

Last edited:

jz2linkinpark

Ambassador of Buzz
JGuru said:
Since Vista is not released on schedule!!! Atleast the Games are available on time.
Ofcourse you need a powerful PC 3 GHz or higher, 1 GB RAM, Very good Graphics card
to play Games in Vista!! Otherwise Games won't run, they will walk like a tortoise!!
i have a c2d 2.13ghzproccy with a gig of ram but a geforce fx5series card,so does that mean i'm a tortoise?LOL(how do we put the laughing faces,can someone teach me please?(i know,what shame,an apprentice doesn't know his emoticons))

Sykora

I see right through you.
Which one?
: D = :D , : o = :eek: , : ) = :)

Take out the spaces, or else go advanced while replying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom