NEWS: Microsoft Makes AVG Available Directly From Windows Security Center in Vista

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vishal Gupta

Microsoft MVP
Millburn, N.J. - November 6, 2006 – GRISOFT today announced that Microsoft is making AVG Anti-Virus 7.5 and AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition available via Windows Security Center as a Windows Vista security solution. The solutions are available in the latest release of the Windows Vista™ beta program and will be available in the commercial release. The programs can be accessed via this link:

*www.microsoft.com/athome/security/update/windowsvistaRC1AV.mspx

Antivirus protection is vital for computer users. Now with support for Windows Security Center in Windows Vista, using AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition and the latest commercial release is even more convenient. AVG products utilize a low level of computer resources. This feature is now even more important as personal computers and networks today run more and more different applications and services simultaneously, which can slow computer performance.

Partners are a key component in Microsoft’s goal of providing robust security solutions for our customers for Windows Vista,” said Ben Fathi, corporate vice president, Security Technology Unit, Microsoft Corp. “GRISOFT has worked with us throughout the Vista release process, we are pleased to see the release of their Vista beta for our customers and look forward to continuing to work with them on future Windows releases.

GRISOFT’s Windows Vista-ready products include AVG Anti-Virus 7.5 and AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition. These AVG products offer protection against a variety of computer and cyber threats like viruses, Trojans, adware, dialers, keyloggers and worms. These products also include automatic updates and a single, user-friendly interface.

We’re very excited to be working with Microsoft to provide their and our users with protection for the current Windows Vista beta program and upcoming launch of the new operating system,” said Larry Bridwell, vice president for communications at GRISOFT. “Our security programs are ready for the Windows Vista launch and making sure that users have the best security protection and great services available for their PCs.
Grisoft press release

techtronic

I Always Prefer 1080p
Re: NEWS: Microsoft Makes AVG Available Directly From Windows Security Center in Vist

Its a great effort by Microsoft

I am a AVG User for about a year and half now
Its damn good and is low on resources

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
Re: NEWS: Microsoft Makes AVG Available Directly From Windows Security Center in Vist

But nothing beats NOD32 :D

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
ppl Should know Nortan AV is worse then a virus. Don't know abt avg , but i suggest kasperkey av for anyone who uses AV.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
I just hope AVG improves its detection rates....It has very poor detection rates and thats the only reason why i'm not a AVG user... :(

jvijay86

Broken In
yea exactly...avg has poor detection rate, i used it for almost a year nd switched over to zone alarm internet suite...which is far better than avg, nd also detects spyware not detected by ad aware....

the only disadvantage is that it isnt free ....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom