News for Mobile Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

rajesh

Journeyman
Hi all...

MOBILE USERS - NUMBER CAN BE DIALED WITHOUT SIM CARD DURING EMERGENCY.

The Emergency Number worldwide for GSM Mobile (012, 013, 016, 017,019) is 112 and not 999.

You can dial 112 even without a Sim Card.
If you find yourself out of coverage area of your mobile network and there is an emergency, dial 112 and the mobile will search any existing network to establish the emergency number for you.

Do share this important info with others too.
Hope you'll never need to use it though!

Regards,
Rajesh

sr_ultimate

Journeyman
yes I agree with that !

I donno about the others but in my phone there`s a option " Emergency Dial " or somthing the numbers in that usually change if i move to different places i mean the roaming stuff ..
still I was never able to call someone in that , once i dialed 121 and a ring went on nobody picked it up , i guess they knew who was calling :wink:

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
yes u r correct.... i have tried that :p

now if there is some way i can set the emergency number to mah frnds nos :p :twisted:

alib_i

Cyborg Agent
112 is not the only emergency number
911 is another such emergency number

but all this is only useful in (say) US where such services exist

-----
alibi

allindrome

Journeyman
I have a SOS call option when my phone is without a sim.However I am unable to see the number dialled.Anyway the phone on the other side simply keeps ringing.

iinfi

mekalodu
these cannot b used in india

as far as my knowledge takes me these nos. cannot b dialled in india ....

these handsets do not support 100,101,103 etc which are emergency nos. in india ....

iinfi

mekalodu
by saying that

by saying that
these handsets do not support 100,101,103 etc which are emergency nos. in india ....
"these handsets do not support 100,101,103 etc which are emergency nos. in india ...."
i meant they cannot b dialled under "SOS Only" or "NO Network" Conditions

its either the handset or the operator which does not support it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom