Newly bought machine making me cry !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

deba_2k_1

Broken In
I recently bought a new machine AMD64(3000+) AM2; 512 DDRII ; 160 GB SATA;
MB- ASUS M2V TVM (assembled; detail specification included). The machine is giving me goose-bumps whenever I try to install the OS(XP SP2). Let me be more specific. When my friend was assembling the PC, I unknowingly took a jumper off the motherboard, then when he tried to boot the machine for the very first time, it won’t buzz. After much trying when he came to know about my misdoing , he snatched that thing off my hand and placed it where it belonged ( a two-pin like notch at the corner of the MB ) and the machine booted (with the sweet BEEP sound). After going through the BIOS process, when we tried to load XP(SP2), it showed us this message :-

‘ A problem has been detected …..check for adequate disk space……..

Technical information:
*** Stop: 0x0000007E (0x C 0000005, 0xF74F00BF, 0xF793C208,
*** Pci.sys – Address F74F00BF base at F74E9000, Date stamp 3b7d855c.

Now, this sort of message was quite legible to us !!! so we tried again and again to load the OS. But the machine would show the same old damn message just when it would start the actual installation of OS. (It went through with the reading of the drivers and all such stuff from the CD, pretty quick). After that, I tried with the WINDOWS 2000 , and guess what !! the machine installed it in a jiffy , without a single hiccup. Now a few days later, I tried to load XP again (dual-boot) , and the same problem occurred again and again and again and then all of a sudden don’t know how, it (XP SP2 ) actually started loading without any message.(All I was doing was restarting ). Now, when after installation I booted into XP, it showed me a HD drive less, while 2000 still shows it . From then on whenever I try to install XP, it starts all sorts of nakhra , and then it loads after 15-16 tries. 2000 still loads without a problem.
Now please tell me what can be the problem………plzzzzzz I’m counting on u, don’t desert me.
Detail Secification(DirectX + Graphics):
*rapidshare.com/files/12942810/detail_specification.rar.html

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
The cause of the error is due to the old baseline XP Pro being incompatible with the newer motherboard; the solution is to slipstream a current service pack (used SP2) into a new boot CD.

SLIP STREAMING

GIVE UR FEED BACK

Last edited:
OP
D

deba_2k_1

Broken In
thats interesting.....but the XP cd I used was slipstreamed by me (SP2 on XP).......I have even tried with a XP(sp2) OEM version ......but the problem persists.......plz do tell me what to do now.......

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
deba_2k_1 said:
thats interesting.....but the XP cd I used was slipstreamed by me (SP2 on XP).......I have even tried with a XP(sp2) OEM version ......but the problem persists.......plz do tell me what to do now.......

had u done slip streaming correctly???

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
Try Clearing all the Partitions and installing Win XP again. I think there might be a problem with the MBR.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom