Newbie Tutorial: How to type a message in ur desired language using Microsoft word?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sridatta

An Esoteric Geek
This is an eyecatching tweak for ppl who would like to have some Hindi text in their signatures or who would like to scrap wishes in hindi. If you wanna type a message in Telugu/Hindi or some other desired language.. Here is the way!! No third party software is needed. This is all stuff to do with Microsoft word :) . Lemme demonstrate how to get text in Hindi.

Open Microsoft word and select Symbol in insert menu. Select font as Mangal and subset as Devanagiri. Here u find all the characters that are required to type any alphabet.

Suppose if you want to type "अपुन अच्छा लडका है" Insert the following symbols in the order. Neglect + and <> signs. I just placed it for seperation.

अ + प + ु +न <> अ + च + ् + छ + ा + ल + ड + क + ा <> ह + ै

While typing the characters, you will observe the related characters merging themselves. After typing the required message, just copy and paste the characters wherever you want. Soon after u paste the message.. u may notice blank squares appearing instead of message (in Googletalk window for example).. Dont worry.. The tweak works after you save it/send it.

If u wanna have ur profile name of Orkut in Hindi... U can do the similar thing... Just type the text in microsoft word. Edit your profile and paste the text there... You can also send the messages in Google Talk or Yahoo IMs.

Similarly.. use Gautami font for Telugu and Tunga font for Kannada. You should download Unicode fonts for other languages to enable this feature...

There are editors available which will do the same work for you. But, for small messages, this is useful. :cool:

kl_ravi

Journeyman
Thanks for this information ...

ಈಗ ನನಗೆ ಕನ್ನಡದಲ್ಲಿ ಬರೆಯಲು ಸಾಧ್ಯವಾಗುತ್ತದೆ !!!

OP
sridatta

sridatta

An Esoteric Geek
Thanx all... for the compliments.
@Tuxfan - Special thanx for the reputation..

@Kl_Ravi - You mean to say "Now it is possible for me to write in kannada" right ??

Bancho

Broken In
Re: Newbie Tutorial: How to type a message in ur desired language using Microsoft wor

this is very nice tip for me

Anurag A

Broken In
Re: Newbie Tutorial: How to type a message in ur desired language using Microsoft wor

Hi dear,

Thanx for the info !

if there is any way to rename a folder in Hindi without changing window's default font ?

OP
sridatta

sridatta

An Esoteric Geek

Anurag A said:
Hi dear,

Thanx for the info !

if there is any way to rename a folder in Hindi without changing window's default font ?
I dont think windows will allow special characters in file name.. I will try to check out whether it is compatible with Unicode fonts...

sam_1710

Youngling
the same thing i used to do using "Character Map" which can be found at : start > All Programs > Accessories > System tools > Character Map
... doin this for the past 3 years!! :)
anyways.. thanks for the info!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom