New Text/Code editor

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
We r quite familiar with Crimson Editor, NotePad++, TextPad...
They rock.
Makes life (or should i say.. code editing) simple... No fuss.. direct editin.

There's a new kid in the block by the logo.. In type we trust.
Well... Intype is a powerful and intuitive code editor for Windows with lightning fast response. It is easily extensible and customizable, thanks in part to its support for scripting and native plug-ins. It makes development in any programming or scripting language quick and easy.
*intype.info/home/trailers/alpha_1/bg.png​

The -ve... Intype will be available for a trial period (30 days) for free. It will be fully functional during this period. Alpha and beta versions will be free for a limited time. It'll cost u 25$ up.
A la TextPad. Why do v've 2 pay 4 notepad upgrades!!!

Looks kool, though. A sorta Mac look.
*img204.imageshack.us/img204/662/untitled1uh1.jpg​

Last edited:

planetcall

Indian by heart
I have fair experience with most of the better Multi-Editors. My personal like is Emeditor for its quick response and ease of customisations. Now many other editors too are supporting activeX extensions for WSH Scripting. EmEditor, PSPad etc are examples. PSPad is free but I dont like customisation features. AnyEdit was one of the brilliant editors from one of the Indian but alas it never evolved beyond alpha and beta. UltraEdit is the ultimate but blotted editor. PHPDesigner is excellent for webscripting. Application Programming is not well suited for this editor.

Go with EmEditor and request for student license... :)

Sykora

I see right through you.
I can't imagine myself moving away from vim...well maybe to emacs, but probably nothing else.

OP
koolbluez

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Wow...*i2.photobucket.com/albums/y43/christianchr/Emoticons_2/worthy.gif
The big guy has spoken first time in my threads. An honour, sire!

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Sykora said:
I can't imagine myself moving away from vim...well maybe to emacs, but probably nothing else.
But, how many people can use it? Not me atleast. /me isn't so geeky. Maybe someday. I guess Kate can do all this.

Sykora

I see right through you.
You're right. vim and emacs have a steep learning curve, so it probably isn't for most people. But if you do take the time to learn it, it grows on you, and you start wondering -- how did I ever get on without it?

planetcall

Indian by heart
snippet completion feature is indeed excellent and intuitive. PSPad also allows a scripted way for inserting snippets but this one seems much better. Though, I am yet to get my hand on this.

Last edited:
OP
koolbluez

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
For eg... I can edit/make html pages using Dreamweaver/Frontpage...
But I can do it using Notepad too.
It mayb tougher to do... no WYSIWUG... but I prefer it. Similarly Java.. C... most programmin languages can b done directly by Notepad itself. Its not that negligible a program.

A sample of programs supported in the second pic in the post ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom