New smaller Sony PS2 for $149

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlienTech

In the zone
The downsized PlayStation 2, which weighs half of the current model at 32 ounces, will cost $149 in the United States and 149 euros in Europe, the same price as the current model.

The smaller PlayStation 2 is about a fourth the size of the regular PlayStation 2, but includes all of its functions, such as playing CDs and DVDs. It comes with a built-in Ethernet port for online gaming. The U.S. model will also have an analog modem port for homes without broadband.

The machine, which is an inch thick, down from 3 inches, will hit stores Nov. 1 in North America and Europe, and Nov. 3 in Japan. It uses fewer parts than today's PlayStation 2, which cuts manufacturing costs, Kutaragi said.

Contrary to expectations, Kutaragi did not announce the price of the PlayStation Portable, a handheld going on sale later this year in Japan and next spring overseas.

The PlayStation Portable, nicknamed PSP, is about the size of a VHS tape and its surface space is mostly made up of a display for high-quality video as well as games.

*www.dvd-recordable.org/modules.php...=article&sid=1531&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
ok...first things first..the new ps2 is only half the size of the original...it has a top loading dvd drive 2 save space....it has the ethernet/modem integrated unlike the older 1 which needs an external network adapter...the new 1 does not fit the old stand...most of the mods wont work...if u need 2 connect more than 2 controllers, u need a multi tap thingy and again, the old 1 wont work with the new ps2....
finally, the psp is supposedly gonna cost $349....if so, then, BIG MISTAKE BY SONY....the nintendo gameboy/DS will kick sony's a$$....
here read the ps2 article:
*reviews.cnet.com/Sony_PlayStation_2_slim_form_factor/4505-6464_7-31125412-2.html?tag=top

and abt the psp:
*www.gamersmark.com/news/2004/09/1/4398/

ice

In the zone
Id be happy with my GBA SP. :)

So well, what all mods would i need if i get this new PS2?

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
$149 .......for a slim version PS2....why???? :x is it like mobile that we carry the ergonomics matter...comeone isn't it always hooked to the Television...
Some Companies ..........Its better than they launch PS3 First than following in this stupid things...!!!!!!!!!!!

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
PS3 is not gonna be launched till 2006 1st quarter. I got this info from a friend of mine who is in Sony mktg. Which is also the case with XBOX 2. Thats why this christmas, the XBOX prices will be slashes to 99 POunds and the PS2 to 115 pounds.

DKant

In the zone
WHOA!! I'll prbbly ask my frnd's cousin to get an XBox/PS2 for me from there :) He's coming here right after Christmas season. :razz:

But the original games will cost a fortune here :evil: :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom