New SE\Nokia Phone For 12k

Status
Not open for further replies.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
I wanna buy a new phone for my mom.please suggest me one.i'd like to go for a SE phone or a s40 nokia phone with a long battery life and good ergonomics..all other brands are not my choice.is there a flap phone in this category?

electrokawal

ELECTRO is here!!
Nokia N series do not live upto their expectations...same is the case with N73....
The images taken from a N73 are over saturated
Although if you are more interested in applications and all, then you can go for this one...Its cam doesn't impress many though....

When it comes to Cam and Music...
The choice is unanimous!
Presenting the k790i!!!!

The current price of the k790i as per my dealer is around Rs. 12k.
It comes with a 1GB M2 stick.
My friend has been using it since the past one month...
Absolutely no problems with it...
Excellent cam with an even better media player...
Interface is extremely user friendly.
Themes, games and apps are different for the k790i...meaning, if u try k750i themes./games/apps, they won't work that well...most of the times they wont occupy the entire screen.
The image capture time of the k790i is very less..Believe me, I've tried taking a snap of my ceiling fan (in ON i.e. running condition)in complete darkness and the phone could capture all the 3 blades of the fan accurately...
The best pic feature also adds a zing to the phone...
Imagine, u are taking a picture of a small baby...u never know when he'l give his best smile....so u keep the mode on best pic, try to make the baby laugh n start capturing..otherwise its kinda disappointing to take baby snaps ;)

The phone has overcome the drawbacks of previous SE models..
For eg:when u press the media player button with the head phones not connected, it will ask u whether to turn the media player on or not.In previous models, the media player used to either just start off directly or in case of some models like the k750i, it never used to start..

Message storing capacity can be an issue..Though I am not too sure about this..
Battery life has always been a problem for SE phones..

If u recharge your phone everyday, then it shouldn't really bother u..

Another thing that may bother you would be...when u connect ur phone to ur comp, the phone will reboot..
Now this can be very annoying at times... :(

Once you have got a SE phone, u need to shell out a few more bucks to get its accessories...
The first and the most important one being the scratch guard..
That will cost u somewhere around Rs. 300/-
Plz don't go for cheap scratch guards...
Then, u will also need to get a Leather pouch for your phone..
That will again be a little harsh on your pocket...

Believe me friend, the phone is really worth its price..

Moreover, u can also try searching on 'tweaking the k790i'
You can do many things once u tweak your phone,...
The loudness can be increased, the message storing capacity can be removed...the menus can be changed, etc.

The k810 is also a similar phone...
Infact, it is more compact and more appealing..
Its keypad is a bit strange though...
This phone has almost all the above features of the k790i...
Its price as per my dealer is around 14k.
But as per krazy's thread, the prices are as follows:-
k790i:Rs 11.2k
k810i:Rs 13k
So, the choice is yours and yours alone!

To know more about the differences between the 2 phones, go here:

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76406

If u want to compare the k790i/k810/N73, then go here

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=76755

electrokawal

ELECTRO is here!!
I guess, k810i has much better battery life than the k790i.
And unless u are not using the cam that often, ur battery wont be eaten up..

I m sure that ur mom will love this phone...Its camera is ultimate!:D
And whats the big deal anyways...max to max, U'l have to charge ur phone everyday...It doesn't take ages for a phone to get charged..;)

So u can still give it a try..
Chk out the threads that I've mentioned..
Actually, the thread got more replies but then due to some problem most of the posts got deleted. Even the votes got deleted :(...The k810i is emergin as a winner in that thread

abhra

Broken In
What's the difference bet. SE K810i and SE W810i ?? Is the W810i optimized for better music or what (considering the 'W' in it)?

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
^^^ Yes it is, hence K810i lacks the Walkman player. But K810i is a 3.2mp cam phone whereas W810i has a 2mp cam. Also W810i has EDGE while K810i sports 3G, W810i uses Memory Stick Pro Duo card (comes bundled with 512mb card) and K810i uses Memory Stick Micro - M2 cards (comes bundled with 2GB card). Also the headset with a K810i is an ordinary one while the one with W810i are in-ear passive noise cancellation ones which also allow you to plug in any head/earphones.

abhra

Broken In
Going by the original topic, I think Nokia 5610 XM should now be considered; it's superb in sound quality, and the camera is comparable to SE W810i. Of course, the K790i is a Cybershot phone, so it should have the best pic qualities.

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Also the headset with a K810i is an ordinary one while the one with W810i are in-ear passive noise cancellation ones which also allow you to plug in any head/earphones.
I think K790i and K810i also come with HPM-70 although i'm not 100% sure.

OP
N

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
man it was nt available even this tuesday.its just now launched.yeah its s40 and since its for my mom i dont think she'll have any probs with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom