Status
Not open for further replies.

aXisxX

Broken In
hi guys

im going to build a core 2 duo pc my requirements i will use this pc for watching
movies,music and gaming 24/7 downloading :eek:hyeah:

budget:30k to 35k (actually budget is not a problem i will stretch my budget all i want is a powerfull and kick azzz pc for my money :D so plz suggest good Components lol
Proccy: Core 2 Duo E6300
MOBO : dunno which one shd i go for!!! 965 or 975 chipset SLI???
RAM : 1GB '' '' '' '' ' '' ''
Harddisk: 320GB Sata ll which brand do u guys suggest seagate, hitachi ? ? shd run smooth, fast and cool :p

GPU: im really cumfuzed now dx 10 cards are right on the corner i think i will wait
for dx10 what do u guys say!

Overclocking: yes!, im really getting into overclocking
Moniter: 19 to 20 inches again suggestions plz dell ??? samsung or ViewSonic

Am I missing anything major here? :ashamed:
Overclocking: yes
plz plz plz add your valuable suggestions and replies plz help me out guys :huh:

Last edited:

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
Re: Nu PC

A good cabinet such as antec coolermaster with 500 watts smps, your overclocking will require good air circulation.

Wide screen Samsung 940BW looks better & faster response time 4 ms (Rs 15000/-) than Viewsonic 1912b which is also good but silver body looks cheap to me & has 8ms response available for Rs 14500/-

OP
A

aXisxX

Broken In
Re: Nu PC

I'm just wondering, is it worth paying the extra or so to buy the E6600 over the E6300, I mean obviously its a bit better, but by HOW MUCH?. I want a new computer that will last 'cause I'm paying quite a bit... however anywhere I can cut back on the $$$ would be much better.

I want to reach what will make the computer best run next generation games... eg. doom 3 engine + ... so whatever that would be, like 3ghz+ ??

Mobo:I'm looking for a motherboard that supports all the latests hardware and will for quite a while, including pci-e 16x, ddr2, and one that is great for overclocking....

however, i dont want to be changing the motherboard/processor for a long time!!

this is really holding me up from purchasing a computer

I suppose basically I want to know what Intel Dual Core PROCESSOR (edit)is best for price and can run next generation games well.

Should i be more spending my money on graphics card then processor?

Finally, should I be waiting for any dramatic price drops happening soon regarding hardware, like with the new Vista coming out??

Nobody has made this clear yet. If you get the E6300 stock and dont overclock it, you will still be able to play ALL games out right now, without it being the bottleneck; as a matter of fact, all games for the next year or two to come.

cmon guys 37 views no replies how come nobody comes 2 my thread. nobody is replying to my thread :(

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
aXisxX said:
hi guys

im going to build a core 2 duo pc my requirements i will use this pc for watching
movies,music and gaming 24/7 downloading :eek:hyeah:

budget:30k to 35k (actually budget is not a problem i will stretch my budget all i want is a powerfull and kick azzz pc for my money :D so plz suggest good Components lol
Proccy: Core 2 Duo E6300
MOBO : dunno which one shd i go for!!! 965 or 975 chipset SLI???
RAM : 1GB '' '' '' '' ' '' ''
Harddisk: 320GB Sata ll which brand do u guys suggest seagate, hitachi ? ? shd run smooth, fast and cool :p

GPU: im really cumfuzed now dx 10 cards are right on the corner i think i will wait
for dx10 what do u guys say!

Overclocking: yes!, im really getting into overclocking
Moniter: 19 to 20 inches again suggestions plz dell ??? samsung or ViewSonic

Am I missing anything major here? :ashamed:
Overclocking: yes
plz plz plz add your valuable suggestions and replies plz help me out guys :huh:

WOW, all that will be twice your budget bro :(

Tech Geek

Wise Old Owl
If u cud wait for more 2-3 months u cud get intels QUAD CORE. it is supposed to be released in Jan starting. there may be some delays. don't know the price yet

Third Eye

gooby pls
@aXisxX: I would suggest you to wait some months because of DX10 and Intel Quad Core,don't spend your money immediately.

jamyang312

Journeyman
even i think u shud wait 4 some more time until quad core n directx gets released,, coz prices will get really cheper by then,,,,
n if u cant wait,,, then u can go 4 the current config,, but u will* have to shell out much more than 35k,,,,
(peace out)

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
This waiting game in computer industry is like "I goose in hand & 2 more hiding in the bush" if you need it today go for 6300 with a P5B deluxe mobo which can have quad core when they come , so after 1 year you can just replace the processor.

Read this thread I posted
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39881

digitadmin

Administrator
Admin
quad core is out, we tested it, it kicks @$$. If you can stretch your budget (a lot), quad core 965 board, nvidia 7950, DDR II 800 MHZ 1 GB, any 10,000 RPM drive and a good widescreen monitor.

Or if you can increase your budget by ... err.. about Rs 4.5 lakh, get the Alienware system featured in the cover story of Nov issue.

digitadmin

blackpearl

The Devil
digitadmin said:
Or if you can increase your budget by ... err.. about Rs 4.5 lakh, get the Alienware system featured in the cover story of Nov issue.

digitadmin

If you can increase your budget to 4.5 lakh, then dump the PC and get a car.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
sam9s said:
Here are my specs.........

Intel Core 2 Duo E6300
Board : ASUS P5B Deluxe Wifi Edition
Ram : Initially 1 GB Coirsair 667 then I sold it off to get
800 Mhz Transced (667 is a hindrance in OC), but mind you 800 Mhz is very expensive
With 800 Mhz you can OC C2D to about 3.2,3.5 on air cooling.(Ofcouse you mobo should support it)
Graphic Card : XFX Geforce 7600 GT
Cabanet : Zebronic PEACE
PS : Powersafe 450 W
HDD : 160 GB SATA II segate
I will post my benchmakes very soon with these specs.............but you can google it to find some...............

Can you tell me where in Nehru place to buy Zebronics cabinets, I could not find one . I am looking for a cabinet which has a front (intake fan) for flowing the air over the HDD s & out flow fan in the rear.
I too have decided for the same specs but instead of 667 ram I am getting Kingston 800 Ram (Rs 9200/-1GB) from AA infotech, they are dealer of kingston.

ranjan2001

Cyborg Agent
How much is this cabinet for ?
Did u buy Transcend 1gb 800 or 667, what price?
Corsair at 13000 is tooooooooo expensive I need atleast 2 GB of it

*in.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=0&model=1179&modelmenu=1

On asus site it mentiones that
The Kingston HyperX PC2-8500 is high-frequency memory that delivers outstanding performance. Built with only the best components, the P5B Deluxe and PC2-8500 HyperX memory are optimized for each other to reach maximum performance. Both are validated for stability and compatibility.

Other 1gb from kingston wont over clock well, its something to do with voltage.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom