Broken In
hello..
on saturday i purchased a new pc with specs as follows

Intel E2140 1.6ghz Dual Core
Intel DG33FB Motherboard
Transcend Value Ram 667Mhz 1GB
Seagate Sata HDD 160GB
Circle 721 Cabinet with 400w PSU

on monday the hdd started making weird noises and it stopped working.. so i got it replaced with a new one under warranty... today while installing antivirus the pc hung and automatically restarted after windows loading screen i get a blank screen..

what could be the problem?

New

Padawan
Very sad....*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/109.gif
I think your HDD gone just because of bad power supply.You should have taken a branded PSU like cooler master ,vip.Wait for few more posts so that you can get a clear idea....

ravi_9793

TechTin.com
your configuration looks compatible to each others. So, I think compatibility is not a issue.

Other causes can be:
1) Hard disk
2) Over heating
3) Bad/ Insufficient power supply.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
if ur using Vista then use the vista dvd to troubleshoot startup probs.
if ur using xp press F8 during bootup and 1st try Last Known Good Boot and if that doesnt work try Safe Mode.
hope ur werent trying to install 2 antivirus software.
ur prob seems to be more of a software issue than a hardware one.

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
@ Systemerror, Are u getting the bios info in the screen before the OS informations ? Or the screen is just black ? :confused:

OP
S

SystemError

Broken In
Yes i get the bios screen and it shows windows loading then blank screen...used to be blue first... but sumtimes the hdd doesnt detect and after restart it makes a weird sound at startup.. with hdd light on.. n cursor blinking like dos.. but after i disconnect the hdd i get the bios.. after connecting the hdd back it loads windows n again blank screen... so i guess its the PSU killing the HDD or insufficient power or bad power cable causing HDD malfunction.. or mabe im confused.. so i called up the computer assembler to take it back n have it checked properly.

anyways thanks for the replies

gulgulumaal

Broken In
Sounds like a power supply problem. Check if the 4 pin/8pin additional power connector is plugged in properly to the mobo (this is in addition to the 24 pin ATX power connector). If this is not connected properly, system wont get enough power and will behave erratically.

U cud also try removing the power connectors and connect again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom