New N95 8GB Firmware v20.0.016 on the way

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
New N95 8GB Firmware v20.0.016 now available

Nokia has released a new firmware update for Nokia N95 8GB.

The new firmware is not a revolutionary one, but brings new interesting features.
The first is onboard support for auto rotating the screen by using the built in accelerometer as 3rd party software like “rotateMe” already does. Furthermore, the N95 8GB is the first phone which supports the new combo memory.
Apart from this two new features, the stability of the whole phone should be improved with the new firmware and bugs should be fixed.

As usual there will be bug fixes and other stability and performance enhancements too. Chief among those are:
- Improvements in HTML format handling from Gmail IMAP server.
- WLAN, BT and USB connectivity improvements.
- Improvements to the Switch application.
- Stability in the Gallery when there is a lot of content.
- Startup functionality improvements
- The browser also gets some attention with improvements to embedded video functionality while sending email via browser flash plugin.

As usual, the firmware is available via NSU and in the Nokia Service Centers very soon.
New features:
  • • Automatic Screen Rotation (ASR)
  • • Support for new combo memory added
Browser:
  • • Improvement when creating a voice call from WAP page.
  • • Improvements to embedded video functionality in browser.
  • • Sending email via browser flash plugin improvements.
Messaging:
  • • Mail in HTML format handling from Gmail IMAP server improved.
Connectivity:
  • • WLAN connection stability improvements
  • • BT connection stability improvements with certain BT headsets
  • • USB connection stability improvements
Telephony:
  • • Voice call handling improvements after certain type U.S.S.D message receiving.
  • • Stability improvements to gallery for case when there’s lot of content in Gallery
  • • Improvements to switch application
  • • Voicemail icon handling improvements
Localization corrections:
  • • Deletion of all contacts now possible even more than 6000 contacts in phonebook​
  • • Startup functionality improvements​
Source​

Last edited:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
N82 has also got the v20 firmware so now it also has Flash Lite 3 and Web runtime. Also hopefully N95/8gb will also get N82's UDP feature in the next firmware.

OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
updating now..........

Update size is 107.9MB.update not available for APAC pid.those who wanna update by changing pid then change ur pid to 0558787 and update.

Last edited:

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
i'm ready to sell it but the prob nobody is ready to buy it for 21k.and i wont sell it 4 less.

Bro you are selling at just 21k.. LOL thats too cheap.. that hot chick should not be less than 23 k atleast if without scratches..

also can you explain what is APAC pid and how to change it... I am not able to update as it says i have the latest firmware which the the v 15...

Last edited:
OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
Bro you are selling at just 21k.. LOL thats too cheap.. that hot chick should not be less than 23 k atleast if without scratches..

guys out here at my place r saying that its worth 16k not more as its 4months old.after hearing a quote like that all i hav left to say to them is the 'F' word.

also can you explain what is APAC pid and how to change it... I am not able to update as it says i have the latest firmware which the the v 15...
APAC pid is the pid (product id for the Asia Pasific region).u hav to change the pid to UK pid (0558787).
to change pid use a software called Nemesis Service Suite (NSS).
scan for the fone with NSS, after detection click on Phone Info tab.
Under Product Data Edit check Enable in Product Code.
lick Read.ur oresent pid will be displayed.then enter the pid u want (delete old one 1st) and clcik Write.
close NSS.
now update thru NSU.:)

the.kaushik

guys out here at my place r saying that its worth 16k not more as its 4months old.after hearing a quote like that all i hav left to say to them is the 'F' word.

APAC pid is the pid (product id for the Asia Pasific region).u hav to change the pid to UK pid (0558787).
to change pid use a software called Nemesis Service Suite (NSS).
scan for the fone with NSS, after detection click on Phone Info tab.
Under Product Data Edit check Enable in Product Code.
lick Read.ur oresent pid will be displayed.then enter the pid u want (delete old one 1st) and clcik Write.
close NSS.
now update thru NSU.:)
What a hell! 16k.. they don't have money and they cry like baby!

Can we revert it back to the previous pid after update else it my make problem with warranty!

OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
yes u can revert bck to original pid after update.

updte to the new firmware.foe has become faster than ever b4.

the.kaushik

bro downloaded! quite confused with nemesis interface.. i have connected in Nokia suite mode.. opened nemesis.. then what?

i refered this tutorial.. but no use!*forum2.mobile-review.com/showthread.php?t=71966

When i click on PhoneInfo and Scan or Read button the down status message shows Error.. next time i try it shows busy in the down status part! what am i doing wrong? I restarted my comp also but of no use? do i need to select any particular option during installation?

Last edited:

the.kaushik

do not use PC Suite 6.86 and later versions.u wont be able to use Nemesis.
use PCSuite rel 6.85.

Bro you were correct! I uninstalled this pc suite and installed the one which comes with the mobile and yaHOO... it reads the data.. let me see am able to do the next steps :) Thanks a lot

the.kaushik

Buddy updated! But am not quiet happy!
How does the auto rotation works.. if its inbuilt?
The nokia map is still the old one!
The n-gage is also the old one!
I am not finding any change except the version number :(

OP
H

hellgate

At Hell's Disq
auto rotation is disabled by default.
t o enable it goto:
Tools->Settings->General->Personalisation->Display->Rotate Screen and set it to Automatic.

i've found that the set has become faster than any prev firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom