New luxury train to cost Rs 25 lakh per trip!

Status
Not open for further replies.

iinfi

mekalodu
New luxury train to cost Rs 25 lakh per trip!

The redoubtable Lalu Prasad has been the best thing to have happened to Indian Railways.

The processes and systems that the Railways Minister has put in place have seen the loss-making Railways turn around and post impressive profits. And he has managed to fill the empty coffers of the Indian Railways without even raising passenger fares!

Now he has more plans. Riding on the stupendous success of Palace on Wheels, one of the top 10 luxury trains of the world, the railway ministry in close coordination with Rajasthan will be launching a second super luxury train in December.

*www.rediff.com/money/2008/aug/28sld3.jpg

without the below stuff train will not start
*www.rediff.com/money/2008/aug/28sld5.jpg

Aptly named as Royal Rajasthan on Wheels, the tourist train will be operated jointly by the Railways and the Rajasthan Tourism Development Corporation (RTDC). So check out what this moving palace offers. . . MORE

squid

Broken In
Is smoking & taking liquor is allowed in train. i don't think so. Why they are serving only in luxury trains. why not in other trains.

prasad_den

Padawan
25 lakhs per trip is absurd...!! I feel 25 lakhs is probably the amount that railways will be spending per trip for this train..! New luxury train to cost (Indian Railways) Rs 25 lakh per trip..! ;)

victor_rambo

हॉर्न ओके प्लीज़
guys this train is to rip off nri's and foreigners
If u ask me it is a really good business statergy
Business counts on more on ones ignorance than knowledge :D

[and dats true for almost everything in life!]

x3060

A LOTR fan
good business tactics , surely yes.
though it will be a waist for us.targeted only for the mindless foreigners , i guess

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
25 lakhs per trip is also too high for the NRI's and the super rich. I think this is the cost the Indian Railways will incur per trip. Actual per ticket price for passengers will be very much less. What is the cost per passenger for a ride in "Palace on Wheels"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom