New iPods Announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Well, the event in happening and Steve Jobs announced new iPods, that now look like the previous long ones but have aluminum on them.

*cache.gizmodo.com/assets/ipodletsrock/ipodletsrock42.jpg

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Proud Owner of iPod Classic 160 GB. I knew the axe on capacity was coming. Thank God I bought mine in time :)

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
I don’t get it though. Why axe the higher capacity iPod?

-------------------------

Apple Brings in a New iPod Nano, Touch and the iPhone Software 2.1
by Milind Alvares

*img329.imageshack.us/img329/7348/ipodsoftwareupdates1vb9.jpg

The rumours were spot on with this one, as Apple releases the iPod Nano 4G, the iPod Touch 2G, and to go along with that the iPhone software 2.1. The Macs were not even mentioned at the event.

The Nano departs from the fatty tag and goes back to the earlier long design, a stunning one at that. Featuring a curved body, a larger screen, and 9 different colours to choose from, the nano seems like an awesome upgrade. To add to that, it features a new spiced up UI, featuring the Genius Playlist feature introduced with iTunes 8. The nano also features an accelerometer for Coverflow mode and video. The nano comes in two sizes, 8GB and 16GB priced at $149 and $199 respectively. Read more…

[Via Smoking Apples]

Last edited:

krazzy

Techtree Reviewer
Hmmm... At first I thought the new Nano colours aren't all that great and looked more like a set of extra-large crayons than media players. But now I kinda like them. :confused: Discontinuing the 160 GB Classic was silly though.

Give me a single reason to Switch to iTunes 8 from WMP11 if I don't have an iPod.
If you are a Windows user and have no iPod or iPhone then you have absolutely no reason to have iTunes installed on your PC.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Give me a single reason to Switch to iTunes 8 from WMP11 if I don't have an iPod.

Coz it rips songs in AAC format not some crappy WMA format.. and its a better manager of music than WMP11 (IMO)..
---------------- Now playing: C21 - You Are Stuck in My Heart via FoxyTunes

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
^^and you have an apple too in avatar.

Btw many people just says its apple when I ask them why you like it...lolz

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Coz it rips songs in AAC format not some crappy WMA format.. and its a better manager of music than WMP11 (IMO)..

I wonder. I Tried to switch to iTunes here (used it in Virtual Machine as I don't want more of Apple poop in my PC) & I had no reason to switch. Everything iTunes provide I already have with WMP11. Like I said, I don't have iPod or iPhone & I didn't find a reason to switch.

About WMA, Who says it's crappy???? Ever tried WAM 10.2 Pro (in WMP11). I don't know about ripping as I don't rip much but I get songs from various places in MP3 format which I convert to Wave first & then WMA 10.2 pro at 256 kbps.

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
I wonder. I Tried to switch to iTunes here (used it in Virtual Machine as I don't want more of Apple poop in my PC) & I had no reason to switch. Everything iTunes provide I already have with WMP11. Like I said, I don't have iPod or iPhone & I didn't find a reason to switch.

About WMA, Who says it's crappy???? Ever tried WAM 10.2 Pro (in WMP11). I don't know about ripping as I don't rip much but I get songs from various places in MP3 format which I convert to Wave first & then WMA 10.2 pro at 256 kbps.

You convert songs from MP3 to WMA whatever and they sound nice? Cool :)

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
@gx_saurav.. yeah.. WMA Pro in WMA 11.. try ripping an audio CD in AAC 96kbps and WMA 96kbps.. and hear it with a good quality headphones.. you'll notice the difference.. i've huge collection of Audio CD's and I ripped them previously with WMA and when i tested AAC i liked it and switched to it..

No regrets with WMP 11 though.. its a huge improvement over WMA 10..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom