New Graphics/TV Tuner Card

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to buy a new graphics card and a TV Tuner Card too. My overall budget for both is Rs.5500/- Please suggest me the best ones in my budget. Is there any good Graphics Card+TV Tuner Card in my budget? If there is one then please suggest me one.

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
If you play some of the latest games, then buy an ASUS 8600GT for around 2.8K and spend the rest to buy a TV tuner card. If gaming is not much of a concern and all you need is good video playback, then go for the PALIT 8400GS (1.5K to 2K) and you can spend the rest to buy a good TV tuner card.

gladijames

Right off the assembly line
Buddies ,

I hav a Intel Original 946GZ Express Chipset, 512 Mb DDR2 Ram, Intel Core 2 Duo @1.86

Ghz with Windows Xp sp3.

I wanna buy a Good Graphics Card For Gaming And For Vista !! And my Budget stands

between 6k -8k !! I need a compatible Graphic Card !!

Plz Guide me to buy a gud one?!!

How abt GeForce 8600 GTS?? plz help me Indian rates ?

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
When you've got a query, open a new thread for it. Don't use someone else's thread.

@mihir- comp@ddict is right, the 8400GS is only for good video playback. It's not a card for gaming. If you need something for gaming, then leave out the card now and buy only the TV tuner. You can buy a gfx card later when prices drop.

OP
M

mihirpradhan2004

Broken In
I want some decent gaming. I should be able to run games like Crysis, Call of Duty 4 etc. I can buy a TV Tuner Card afterward but i want to buy a gfx card now. Is the XFX 8600GT better or is the Zotac 9500GT??? Both cost around 4k. Is there any better card in 5.5k????
I have the following config:
Intel C2D E7200 @2.53GHz
Asus P5KPL-CM (G31)
4 GB DDR2 800 Transcend
320GB WD HDD

comp@ddict

EXIT: DATA Junkyard
I want some decent gaming. I should be able to run games like Crysis, Call of Duty 4 etc. I can buy a TV Tuner Card afterward but i want to buy a gfx card now. Is the XFX 8600GT better or is the Zotac 9500GT??? Both cost around 4k. Is there any better card in 5.5k????
I have the following config:
Intel C2D E7200 @2.53GHz
Asus P5KPL-CM (G31)
4 GB DDR2 800 Transcend
320GB WD HDD

Of course:
1. HD3850
2. 9600GT

Of these, 9600GT will run cooler, and better performance in CRYSIS.

9600GT gives massive OCing(after OC, performance comparable to 8800GTX a.k.a 9800GTX)

comp@ddict

2 weeks maximum, usually 1 week. If u live in NCR/ Delhi, earlier

ANd listen, add 4% VAT + 2-300bucks to the stated price in the site

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
Go with comp@ddict's advice, the 9600GT is a better card if you can afford it. And for your TV tuner card, you can have a look at MSI Tuner Card TV@nywhere Plus PCI Interface which should cost around 1.5K.

comp@ddict

@ thread starter...^^^gud advice

Q to u(thread starter).. wich mobo do u hav, cause some dun hav PCI port(itz different frm PCI Express port)

OP
M

mihirpradhan2004

Broken In
I have an Asus P5KPL-CM motherboard.
See here:
*www.asus.com/products.aspx?modelmenu=1&model=2068&l1=3&l2=11&l3=563&l4=0
*www.asus.com/products.aspx?modelmenu=2&model=2068&l1=3&l2=11&l3=563&l4=0
Will it support my motherboard????
Also will I be able to run some of the latest games like Crysis because I have only a 400W SMPS which came with my Zebronics Bijli Cabinet.

OP
M

mihirpradhan2004

Broken In
@compaddict
You said that the graphics card doesn't support some boards.
So I was asking whether that card can support my motherboard.
The 'it' in the sentence referred to the graphics card and not the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom