New features for orkut scrapbook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
orkut has silently added a few nifty features to the scrapbook.

Now, you can paste in photos, videos, audio and flash widgets in scraps to your friends. Here's how:
  • Add images
    Copy and paste URLs ending in .jpg, .gif, .png or .bmp and the image will appear in the scrap.
    for example, *example.com/example.jpg
  • Add videos from YouTube and Google Video
    Copy and paste the URL and the video will appear in the scrap.
    for example, *youtube.com/watch?v=videoid
  • Add podcast/audio
    Copy and paste the URL of an audio file and an audio player will appear in the scrap.
    for example, *example.com/example.mp3
  • Add html-embeddable objects
    Create or upload your content at sites such as photobucket.com, imageshack.com, rockyou.com or slide.com. Copy and paste the html embed code to share it with your friends.

Enjoy! :)

shyamno

Ambassador of Buzz
But many ...users are unable to use this feature..and among them .....I am also...one of the unlucky user.....

If anyone know what is the prob plz post the solution....

almighty

Ambassador of Buzz
ankushkool said:
but its restricted only 2 ur friends circle :(

Didnt get u mate????????
u mean this feature works only with ur frnd who are on ur profile list???????
nope mate......... nothing like that ....
anyway these features were old , with greasemonkey and JS we used to send snap and even flash movies...
its good to allow for all users... and no need for Mozila :p coz of greasemonkey

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
That, I guess, is a problem that Opera will have to fix, not Google.

sachin_kothari said:
now, auto login feature is also there.
no need to login again even after closing the browser.
That's a relief. It wasn't there when I posted this thread but it has been added now. Thanks for pointing it out! :)

I now wish they wouldn't require you to enclose smiley codes in straight brackets and allow full BB codes in the scrapbook. An updated list of smilies would be quite welcome too.

din

Tribal Boy
@aryayush

Thank you man, much appreciated. Didn't know these features before. Will check em all.

OP
aryayush

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
A big "mention not" to everyone who's gone through the immense pain and labour involved in thanking me! I appreciate you guys taking the time, putting your lives on the line and thanking a person. Cheers! :p

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
Orkut just revamped itself .. anew and soothing cooler look ... pretty much like the 1 phpbb3 has ... rounded corners smaller fonts and i think they have also implemented some web 2.0 features in the profile page

aku

Gonna make it BiG
@aayush... man this arnt new features... i've posted images/flash content much earlier.. its just that they have made this options visible and easily accessible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom