New cd rom in old comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

vasanth_12345

Journeyman
I tried attaching my new cd rom to a old p1 60 mhz machine i attached it correctly still when the comp boots up it doesnot get detected in the bios is it ok.Although the cd rom led blinks it does not get detected i am trying to install free bsd on the machine by booting via the floppies and mentioning my cd rom as the source will this work in my particular case

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
ooooops....man u need serious upgrade!!!
first of all an upgrade for BIOS !!!

u said that it does not get detected .. where???
bcoz in the same line u told me that it is getting detected in BIOS ???

OP
V

vasanth_12345

Journeyman
Man i own 3 comps .A p1 ,p3 and a p4.I am planning to buy a AMD 64 fx 55 .I dont want to go into the specification of my comps.About the cd rom.It does not get detected in the boot up screen.I didnt say it got detected in my bios.I said the cd drives led blinks.

supernova

Mr. S Nova
Dude u might be using really old comp. wht OS are u using. I guess u might also need to install drivers of ur CD-ROM drive

OP
V

vasanth_12345

Journeyman
Its a old comp more than 15 yrs old surely My quesion how can i make it being detected without flashing the bios.As for the OS it currently doesnt have any os i am planning to install free bsd

sumitava_b

In the zone
vasanth_12345: Why not are you posting ur system configuration and also cd rom details? It might be helpful to get a solution.

supernova

Mr. S Nova
vasanth i m telling ya u might need to install CD-ROM drivers from the accompanied floppy disk.
However u still havent mentioned ur Operating System

OP
V

vasanth_12345

Journeyman
vasanth_12345 said:
Its a old comp more than 15 yrs old surely My quesion how can i make it being detected without flashing the bios.As for the OS it currently doesnt have any os i am planning to install free bsd
Read before u post man :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom