New bridge chip to bring GeForce 8 series to AGP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pathik

Google Bot
Due to continued demand, particularly from Internet cafe and emerging markets, for AGP-based products, Nvidia is scheduled to launch an updated bridge chip which supports the company's newer GPUs in October, according to sources at graphics card makers.

Nvidia's BR02 chip was designed to convert the company's PCI Express-based GeForce 7600 (G73) GPU to support AGP, however, this chip is not compatible with GeForce 8 series GPUs. A new version, A05, will work with current GeForce 8600 (G86) and 8400 (G84) GPUs and well as the upcoming G92 and G98, noted the sources.

In related news, AMD also planned to introduce AGP versions of its Radeon HD 2600 (R630) and 2400 (R610) GPUs, but has encountered driver instability issues related to DirectX 10 and HDMI support, according to sources. These problems should be resolved by the end of this month, they added.

AMD and Nvidia declined the opportunity to respond to this report saying they cannot comment on unannounced products.
Source: *www.digitimes.com/mobos/a20070904PD209.html

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
Gr8 at least there will be some entertainment for the poor folks,who don't want to upgrade their pc too often. :)

gxsaurav

You gave been GXified
Yipeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, GeForce 8400LE or whatever here I come. I just wish its available here.

vish786 said:
can this be used on A8v-mx mobo along with athlon 60 3000+. ?

Yes

vish786

"The Gentleman"
then luckily my system is future proof.

Now no need to buy anything for 5 years except gfx card for system.

i was thinking of upgrading, Yahooooooooooo Money saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom